IT Support Engineer - Glasgow | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
IT Support Engineer
£21000 - £26000 per annum
This IT Managed Services Company is looking for an enthusiastic IT Support Engineer with solid knowledge and a passion for networking, voice and internet connectivity services.
The role is a mix of work from home and office-based (Edinburgh & Glasgow offices) to cover regions around Edinburgh and beyond.
You must have a full driving license.
- Employees first, as they are in the best position to put their customers first
- Deliver trust in technology through the execution of their solutions
- Challenge themselves to grow through everything they do
- Look for opportunities to be a hero without reward
- Ambitious; only interested in beating yesterday's result
- For the customer, they provide hospitality
- Desktop Support & Office 365 administration
- Networking Skills - VPN, Firewalls, Routers, WiFi
- Voice & Mobile Services - VoIP, SIP, 4G, QoS
- Internet Technologies - Ethernet, VDSL, FTTP, P2P, 4G
- Knowledge of the following vendors would be advantageous - SonicWall, 3CX, Unifi, Draytek, Peplink, HPE & Cisco Small Business Series
- Work with helpdesk team across multiple locations on a varying range of IT requests out with networking background.
- Whenever possible, to lead on small networking and connectivity projects and demonstrate the ability to lead on larger deployments over time.
- Support requests are logged accurately, prioritised with Service Level Agreements
- Working with end-users, their departments and management teams
- Drive to client sites to provide onsite support and installation of IT solutions
- Opportunity to nurture the teams working knowledge of networking and connectivity services to develop the role into a senior or lead position within the company.
So what's it like working in an Outsourced IT Support Company?
They work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment dealing with over 150 different clients. Being a small company, you will have a greater responsibility than you would in a larger company, and as a result, you will often be expected to come up with solutions off your own back.
If you're used to working in internal IT departments or more prominent IT companies, this might not be the job for you, but if you like...
- Learning something new every day and not knowing what the day will bring
- Being part of a growing company that strives to put the employee first, be respected to do the right thing
- Playing with the latest technology/spending customers money on the newest tech
- Working hard to make a difference to the company and their clients
- £21K to £26K depending on experience
- Health Insurance Scheme
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Professional and industry training available
- Flexible working hours around core office hours available
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Social Events