Warehouse Manager - Slough | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Permanent (Full time)
Do you have experience within a warehouse or food distribution centre and are you comfortable working with a team to meet targets? If so, please read on...
Warehouse Manager (Days)
Slough, SL1 4BD
Competitive salary + Excellent Benefits
Full Time (40 hours p/w), Permanent
There’s every chance you’ll have eaten our food, so why not share our success and come and work for us? Bidfood is a leading wholesale food distributor and the preferred supplier for over 60,000 customers across the UK, ranging from pubs to schools, from restaurants to care homes and everything in between.
From Lands End to John O’Groats, whether our customers want just a teaspoon or a full range of catering supplies, we’ll supply their needs. We work as a team to provide every food option from quality ingredients to finished meals, including a number of own brand ranges as well as all the big brands and regional specialties. We believe in our food, and we know that our people behind the scenes are so very important in our success.
Reporting in to the Operations Manager, you’ll manage the daily operation and performance of the warehouse and its team in order to provide the expected service to our customers within budget.
About the Warehouse Manager Job:
- Effective team deployment and development is vital to ensure the warehouse operation provides the highest levels of operational efficiencies, service excellence and productivity within the business.
- You’ll be capable of recruiting and inducting skilled and motivated people into our business and will lead and engage teams to be successful.
- All warehouse assets need to be closely controlled to keep costs to a minimum and you will work closely with operations and central colleagues to make sure that internal service standards are as high as external ones.
- Your success will be measured in the achievement of these service standards, as well as commercial objectives covering cost and stock-loss control, product availability and a wide range of people factors such as training and attendance.
About the Warehouse Manager Candidate we're looking for:
- You must have food warehousing and distribution experience, ideally backed up with an IOSHH qualification.
- You will be an excellent planner and communicator; skilled at working to both tight budgets and tight timescales.
- Advanced verbal and written English and Numeracy skills.
- Proficient level of IT and ability to use such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong commercial awareness with the ability to fully understand budget and financial targets
- Experience of managing in a fast moving warehousing and distribution environment, preferably from a multi-drop, multi-temperature foodservice business.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate large teams, with excellent people management skills.
- Experience of successfully developing team members to drive performance.
- Effective communication skills.
- Work collaboratively and influence to build strong, trusting relationships with peers and other business departments.
- Manage conflicting deadlines and able to prioritise.
- Plan workload for themselves and others effectively.
- Evidence of managing and driving change, in situations constantly requiring adaptation.
- Evidence of creative and innovative thinking.
- Solid judgement and the ability to influence senior stakeholders to provide pace to get things delivered.
Benefits of the Warehouse Manager Role at Bidfood:
- 25 days Holiday Entitlement
- Healthcare Cashplan
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Employee Discounts
How to apply for the Warehouse Manager role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Warehouse Manager job, just click "apply" today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Team Leader, Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse Manager, Logistics Manager, Asset Management, Food warehouse, Food distribution, Wholesale Warehouse Manager.