Lead Sen Practitioner
Andover, Hampshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Based in Andover, my client; one of leading childcare providers across Hampshire, is looking to recruit a Lead SEN Practitioner to join their friendly, busy team.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Be active and self-reflective to improve outcomes for children, especially those with any form of additional needs or vulnerability.
* To use observations and assessment data to support staff in identifying children with additional needs, and then plan appropriate to meet their needs.
* To develop and oversee focused activities, including language groups to support children with additional needs and vulnerabilities to meet their next steps.
* To lead on the SEND improvement plan as part of the leadership team.
* Engage, coach and role model food practice to staff to embed changes and improve both universal and SEND provisions, centred on an understanding of child development.
* Ensure clear partnerships with parents/carers to share information and work together to improve both the home and nursery learning environment.
* With the Manager, develop partnerships with health visitors, schools, local inclusion officers, social services, other agencies and the wider community.
* Measure and review the impact of planned interventions
* As part of the nursery leadership team, support the planning scrutiny of our whole nursery provision, and deputise as required for the nursery manager.
* Work alongside the community team to develop and enhance our community provision for our vulnerable families.
* Be a qualified childcare practitioner to L3 and committed to working towards L5.
* Experience of implementing improvement in an Early Years setting
* A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Early Years setting
* Experience and understanding of child development, behaviour management, SENCO and identified groups of children. Willing to undertake further training in this regard
* First aid
* A qualification, knowledge and understanding of statutory safeguarding. Be willing to become a Designated Safeguarding Lead (Level 3 or above)
* Good knowledge of matters relating to health and safety.
Salary: : £26,133 per annum.
Hours: 40 hours per week Monday-Friday