Support Worker Bank
Up to £8.53 per hour + Paid DBS, Paid Training + More
Bank Support Worker Portsmouth, Hampshire £8.53 per hour
Voyage Care are currently looking to recruit a number of Bank Support Workers into our supported living & outreach bank teams in Portsmouth. As a Bank Support Worker with Voyage Care you will be working with people who have varying degrees of learning disabilities and mental health needs. You will be promoting independence and supporting them to lead a life that is as fulfilling as possible by enabling them to participate in social based activities and day to day tasks.
It is important to note that you will be working in our Supported Living services and Outreach services as well. The Outreach work will involve you working out in the community, assiting people with personal care and using slings and hoists during manual handling.
As this is a bank position we cannot guarantee our Bank Support Workers any hours. A bank position provides you with a great deal of flexibility, allowing you to work the shifts that suit you when they come available. Due to the flexibility of the Bank Support Worker position it would be ideal for students looking to earn some income around their studies or for parents/guardians looking for a bit more income around the needs of their children.
For more information on how a bank position at Voyage Care works, please apply today!!!
Benefits to a career with Voyage Care:
Competitive rates of pay
A clearly defined career path if you want it
A mixture of in house training and nationally recognised qualifications fully paid for by us
Refer a friend from now £250£750 T&Cs Apply
Flexibility. This is a shift based role that can include working on weekends and bank holidays so flexibility is essential.
A passion for delivering excellent customer service and a genuine desire to help people
The ability to work well within a team
The ability to work to robust, clear guide lines
- Prior experience in health and social care is desirable but not essential. We can and will provide full training
- A driver with their own vehicle would be highly advantageous
What does a Support Worker role look like on a day to day basis:
- Helping people to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as required.
- Helping people to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Supporting people with all aspects of personal care where required but always promoting as much independence as possible. Personal care may include: washing/bathing, dressing, continence care, using the toilet
- Help the people we support to manage their own money.
- Supporting people with the activities they enjoy, which can include; shopping, swimming, horse riding, trampolining, holidays, walks, activity centres, zoos, cinema, music sessions and much more.
- Working in a supportive manner with colleagues, families and external parties, building trust by being open and honest.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. We are an equal opportunities employer.
- No experience is necessary as all of our staff receive training tailored to the needs of the people they support. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a motivated and determined team.
- Click Apply to complete our one page applicationAll applications & CVs received are reviewed on a daily basis.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
- * Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
Posted 3 days ago