Job Title - Logistics Coordinator
* Support & liaise with the Operations Department
* Check that all packed equipment's have adequate certification (pressure vessel, lifting devices, PAD testing etc)
* Dispatching Instruments to subcontractor(s) for recertification.
* Supporting site mobilisation(s). (Liaising with Managers/Supervisors for shipping requirements)
* List, certificate with assistance of Store Supervisor
* Arrange freight company logistics (trucks, sea, airfreight)
* Compiling and producing manifest/packing list(s)
* Compiling and producing shipping invoices.
* Producing relevant certification for mobilizations.
* Liaising with shipping companies
* Carry out HSE & Quality internal audits as and when required
* Carry out site inspections as required
* Carry out photography duties as and when requested.
* Working with the project teams, ensure all goods, materials, plant and equipment are controlled and recorded against job numbers and that all pre-issue checks are carried out for all destinations
* Comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act/worldwide HSE legislation.
* Health, Safety and Environmental requirements shall be met in all activities. The Client is responsible for providing a safe and healthy working environment for its employees, contractors and visitors. You are responsible for ensuring that you are working safely, that you have the appropriate tools and equipment for the job, and that you protect the environment and fellow employees. You shall take this responsibility seriously and work towards continual improvement.
* Comply with Company Management Procedures
* Be familiar with the Risk Assessments that are available for all site operations.
* Be familiar with COSHH Risk Assessments for all substances used in the course of your work.
* Be familiar with emergency situation and safety management systems.
* Wear correct PPE as required in all site locations.
* Higher Education.
Experience & knowledge:
* Dangerous Goods by Air & Sea Certificates.
* Computer Literate (MS Office Word & Excel)
* Experience in Logistics and documentation.
* Minimum 5 years' experience in international logistics
* Qualified in INCOTERMS
* Continuous Improvement
Core competencies /skills:
* Able to communicate well with all personnel both within the company and externally.
* Be organised, professional and focused in aspects required by the position.
* Able to assume a supervisory role when required, leading by example and enthusiasm.
* Shows loyalty and adaptability in frequently changing situations
* Prioritise & multitask critical path activities
* Monitor shipments and flag concerns or pending problems in a timely manner
* Develop KPI's for logistics
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Posted 15 days ago