Maintenance Technician Rolling Stock MMT / RHTT
£15.60 - £18.60 per hour + Associated Benefits
Net temps are delighted to be supporting a global rolling stock, locomotive, yellow plant and MPV maintenance and refurbishment firm seeking to hire a number of technicians to work out of depot operations in the West Midlands.
Successful applicants will likely be RHTT and MPV maintenance technicians, apprentice trained or NVQ3 qualified, with exposure to the overhaul of bogies, wheelsets, pneumatic systems and previous experience of operating to RGS standards.
Candidates desired qualifications :
- Recognised apprenticeship or equivalent.
- NVQ level 3 in a relevant engineering discipline
Candidates desired experience :
- Experience on working on rail Vehicles
- Working understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Some experience of working with diesel engines, pumps and fuel systems
- A base knowledge of the maintenance of generators
- A working knowledge of rail vehicle braking systems
- Understanding of axle and wheelset inspections
- Knowledge of Bogie inspection and repair
- Be competent to undertake the maintenance of electrical equipment and systems
- Be competent to undertake the maintenance of mechanical components and systems.
- Be familiar with the maintenance of safety and emergency equipment
Candidates training expectations :
- Be prepared to attend training and assessment to obtain a PTS if required, through sponsorship by the client
- Be trained and subsequently comply with safe working practices, including cleanliness and tidiness of working environment
This requirement operates to a shift system of : 8x 12 hour days, following by 4 days rest. A 8/4/8/4 system.
Should this role be of interest, wed be delighted to hear from you.
Net Temps is advertising this vacancy in its capacity as an Employment Business.
Net Temps supplies both temporary and permanent labour to the Construction, Engineering and Allied industries throughout the UK.
Register with us on#########
Visit our website at www.nettemps.co.uk
Follow us on twitter at @Net_Temps
Please note, due to the high volume of applicants only those who are successful will be contacted. Net Temp is an equal opportunities employer.
Posted 16 days ago