Factory Operative - Huddersfield | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Huddersfield, Kirklees, England
From £27,600 to £32,700 pa + benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Factory Operative / Heat Treatment Team Member.
Competitive salary package from £27,600 to £32,700 per annum + benefits.
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to become part of a successful and growing business
- A worthwhile and satisfying career path.
- Competitive remuneration package
- 31 days holiday per year
- Pension scheme
- Excellent working environment
- Full training as required
What are we looking for:
- An experienced factory operative, familiar with the operation of large machine tools
- Experience/knowledge in the following areas would be advantageous but not essential:
- Setting and changeovers
- In process inspection
- Heat treatment processes, shot blasting
- A candidate who is capable of working as part of a small team, and can demonstrate an ability to work to strict deadlines and high quality standards.
- You will be self driven and keen to learn new skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to problem solve during processing
Your Duties will involve:
The company offers the right candidate the opportunity to benefit from a growing and worthwhile career path
- As part of a small team you will be trained to operate a broad range of equipment including heat treatment furnaces, induction hardening and press quench machines
- You will also be trained to undertake in-process inspection including measuring, MPI crack detection and eddy current inspection.
- Other duties will include shot blasting and loading temper ovens and washers as necessary
- Full training will be provided as required
Hours of Work:
- The role operates on a rotating 24/7 continental shift system averaging 42 hours per week involving:
- 4 x 12 hour days shifts (7am to 7pm), followed by
- 4 days off, followed by
- 4 x 12 hour night shifts (7pm to 7am), followed by
- 4 days off
Who are we:
- A very successful and rapidly growing privately owned company providing sub-contract heat treatment, gear cutting and surface engineering of metal components to a wide range of blue chip customers.
- Just invested £ to build a new state of the art factory at Slaithwaite just outside Huddersfield and equip it with the latest technology