HR Assistant - Orpington | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Orpington, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
An exciting opportunity for a People Services Assistant to join a busy and high-spirited team which is responsible for the Workforce Development, Volunteering and Human Resources.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support with the administration and coordination of Volunteer recruitment and selection activities, maintaining the Better Impact software used to recruit Volunteers and ensure that all checks have been complete in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the HR/People Recruitment Associate Partner, and in their absence support with recruitment and selection on-boarding processes, in relation to new staff during peak recruitment activity, which would include our retail department.
- Support with the effective completion of pre-employment checks via the ATS in a timely manner and to issue conditional offer letters and contracts once all checks are complete.
- Support with the management of the Staff and Volunteer Recruitment inbox and all supporting recruitment documentation.
- Assist with the administration of internal mandatory training events for all staff and volunteers.
- Be positively responsive and helpful to staff, volunteers and managers, acting as the first line of contact and signposting to others, where applicable.
Key skills required:
- You will be experienced working in a busy department/environment, preferably within a medium to large sized organisation with formal and structured systems in place.
- You will be a strong team player and have the ability to work well independently and use initiative.
- You should have a reasonable understanding of recruitment principles, and have experience supporting training and development activities, in addition to contributing to HR (or similar) systems and processes.
- A demonstrable level of understanding and knowledge of equality, diversity and inclusion, equal opportunities, GDPR and the need for confidentiality.
- It is important that you possess excellent ICT skills with the ability to produce a variety of correspondence and reports, while maintaining attention to detail and a high degree of problem-solving skills.
- You will have the ability to manage conflicting priorities and work to deadlines as well as adapt to changing needs/priorities.
- It is just as important to us that you are a personable and approachable person with strong relationship building skills.
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Working hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm