Electrician - Grove | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Grove, Dorset, England
Permanent (Full time)
Location: You will be permanently working from HMP Portland, DT5 1DL
Salary: £30K - £33K per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Who are we?
We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with over 1,400 staff.
We are three years young, with a head office in London and dozens of opportunities to work across the south of England. But we’re growing fast.
It’s a great time to get involved and help shape the future of the company - and forge a great career at the same time.
Why join us?
You will become a key worker which provided job security throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Become part of a high-performance organisation which has a people focused culture.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for highly motivated, customer-oriented people from all walks of life to bring the right skills to our organisation.
This means you could be on the first rung of your career - or someone who has decades of experience in a technical environment. Or, you could be ex Forces and seeking the ideal place to use your considerable experience in civilian life.
What do we offer?
Amongst the many benefits, you’ll enjoy real job security, a competitive salary and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top).
Our company pension kicks in on day one.
People matter to us. Therefore, everyone at GFSL can access impressive health and wellbeing support services. As we reach the one-year anniversary of COVID, we take the safety of our people very seriously. That’s why a core value is ‘Everyone goes home safe’.
We are seeking an Electrician to assume responsibility for:
* The maintenance, installation and repair of electrical systems within the prison estate.
* Accountability for general reactive maintenance.
* Fault finding, ensuring satisfactory fault rectification.
* Undertaking general maintenance tasks and survey inspections in areas including confined spaces and at height.
You must be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications and Experience:
* Qualified to C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent.
* Must have a certificate in BS7671 - The Requirements for Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition.
* Experience working on commercial or industrial electrical systems is desirable.
* Good working Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements.
You will need to meet our stringent vetting requirements and satisfy pre-employment checks.
Why not apply today and we’ll be in touch?
No agencies please