Financial Regulatory Specialist - Glasgow | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Financial Regulatory Specialist
Contract (Full time)
Financial Regulatory Specialist
6 month initial contract
Large banking client
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the organisation by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with various industry and government regulators and serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to the clients various businesses and its senior management team
The Liquidity and Funding Controller (LFC) team is responsible for preparing, calculating, reviewing and filing both the internal and external liquidity and funding reporting returns required by the Federal Reserve, Prudential Regulation Authority and European Banking Authority. The main clients of the team are Corporate Treasury and Bank Resource Management, who jointly manage the Liquidity and Funding needs of the business, as well as close interaction with Legal Entity Controllers, Global Product Controllers and IT. The Liquidity Governance & Assurance Function within LFC provides global governance support to LFC, covering policies & procedures, technical documentation, education, change management & risk register control.
- Manage a suite of monthly governance metrics across global liquidity reporting, liaising as necessary with reporting teams and key stakeholders, and generating these to fulfil the needs of recurring governance meetings
- Perform ongoing assessment on the sufficiency and appropriateness of the suite of governance metrics, ensuring that the metrics remain lean and fit for purpose resulting in a conservative risk tolerance
- Contribute to ongoing governance operational support through proactively managing assigned risk registers and liquidity records, assisting with the education programme and managing procedural documentation
- Support change management process and improvements across liquidity
- Develop collaborative working relationships with a range of stakeholders across different departments and regions
- Accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA or CIMA) or relevant degree/equivalent experience
- A track record of building effective working relationships with a variety of different stakeholders
- The ability to work to tight deadlines in a dynamic, challenging environment covering complex subject matter
- Excellent communication skills including ability to escalate effectively and in a timely manner
- Self-motivated personality with high standards for quality of work and accuracy
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and an ability to summarise data/themes in a meaningful format
You may also have:
Relevant work experience in the financial services industry (Financial/Product Control or Treasury/Funding) is preferred