PMO Analyst - Potters Bar | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, England
Contract (Full time)
Job title: Senior PMO Analyst
Location: Isle of Man, Bristol or Potters Bar
Job type: Fixed Term Contract
Who we are
Canada Life looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
The PMO Analyst will work within the existing Corporate Portfolio Office (CPO), reporting to the CPO Manager. Working with the wider CPO and Project Management (PM) team of a large project or programme, you will:
- Assist in the project and programme governance including monitoring of project performance, plans, milestones and reported information
- Assist in the co-ordination of project and programme tasks and capturing weekly activities so members of the project team can work as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Support the Programme Manager and Project Managers in the preparation and updating of accurate project and programme documentation including plans, status reports, RAID logs and project dashboards on a timely basis
- Assist the Programme Manager in the production of presentations for senior management
- Support the programme and project management team with ad hoc requirements such as working group decks, meeting minutes, and follow-up on actions
- Identify and provide early notification of exceptions and variances to planned milestone to facilitate appropriate management escalation
- Support the programme manager and project managers in data gathering and preparation activities for monthly business, IT forecast, and cost analysis
- Provide admin support the PM and Programme Manager in organising project meeting, agenda, and ensuring attendance of key participants
- Support ad hoc requests which require interaction with IT support teams to ensure the team has necessary system access
- Act as the 'conscience’ of the Programme Manager and Project Managers to assure good project and programme governance and control including supporting active management of risks and issues
- Proficient with MS Office (particularly Word and Excel)
- Proficient in the use of planning and reporting using MS Project preferably with MS Project Server/Project Online
- Familiar with use of SharePoint and Jira
- Proficient with project management principles, methods, techniques and tools
- Proficient at collating, analysing and reporting information from various sources
- Good attention to detail and able to prioritise activities to meet deadlines and objectives
- Effective communication skills both written and oral
- Collaborative team worker
- Customer focussed
What you will like about working here
As a Canada Life colleague, you will receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You will also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Our focus is to have an engaged, committed and motivated work force, operating in a high performing and collaborative culture. We want to create an organisation that offers opportunities for all our people to develop their skills and talent, and build rewarding careers with us.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.