Business Development Manager- Live Ops
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Permanent (Full time)
Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we’ve built. Want to join them?
An exciting opportunity for a driven Business Development Manager to join the rapidly expanding Live Operations/Manged Services at Kainos plc (LSE:KNOS), one of the UK’s fastest growing technology companies.
The Business Development Manager is a new,business development role within Live Operations to build out sales within existing Kainos accounts, and to bring in new business.
This is a hunter Sales roles, for a highly motivated individual, driven to succeed covering new business sales.
The Business Development Manager role reports to the Business Development Director with responsibilities including:
- Collaborate with delivery, business development and account teams to identify and grow Intelligent Automation opportunities within existing accounts.
- Develop new business with existing clients and identify areas for one to sell to meet sales quotas
- Be an individual sales contributor for the Live Operations team.
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Oversee account management, including negotiating contracts and renewals to maximise customer satisfaction, margin and revenue.
- Prepare reports on account status
- Identify account challenges and opportunities for improvement
- Contribute to key account planning sessions to ensure the Managed Services offerings are well promoted and positioned for success.
- Lead key account planning sessions to ensure the Live Operations offerings are well promoted and positioned for success.
We are looking for a success driven, self-starter who is passionate about helping to solve customer challenges. They will:
- Have 5+ years proven experience in new business technology services sales and/or account management, having taken accountability for delivering against sales targets.
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Be proficient at consultant-led selling, capable of engaging with senior customers and prospects to understand business problems.
- Have experience of selling into the Healthcare, Commercial (Private) and Public Sector.
- Be customer success focused, with proven ability to help customers deliver value from technology.
- Be a team player, able to collaborate well with other sales, intelligent automation subject matter experts and software engineers.
- Be able to travel to meet customers and to Kainos offices (weekly travel within the UK & Ireland will be required subject to COVID restrictions).
- Have a proven track record of delivering against targets (quarterly and annually).
- Have demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation, including executive and C-level.
- Ability to operate in a highly competitive and pressurised environment, making sensible decisions that don’t compromise Kainos.
- Have excellent negotiation skills, both from a commercial and contract perspective as well as a proven ability to resolve escalations and diffuse issues.
- Have excellent networking skills and an ability to generate meetings with new prospects.
- Have excellent writing and presentation skills – especially the ability to articulate a complex proposition in a concise, clear and compelling way.
Kainos is a high-growth IT services company providing digital technology solutions and agile software development to enterprise customers. Across our 30-year history, we have worked on transformational projects across government, NHS and a myriad of private sector clients.
WHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
We're an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a basic background check , however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn't relevant to the role. It's important to note - failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences. Kainos has a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders (available on request).