MAIT Process Engineer
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
30.0000 - 31.6400
Contract (Full time)
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a MAIT Process Engineer to join on an initial 6-month contract. You will provide Manufacturing Engineering support to the Operations teams within MAIT as well as supporting the Manufacturing Engineering team deliverables to produce fully integrated Satellite Telecoms and ENS Products.
Role: MAIT Process Engineer
Pay: £ Per hour via Umbrella rate
Contract: Monday to Friday, 37 Hours a week, 6-month contract
SC Status: Current & Transferrable
IR35 Status: Inside
- Provide Manufacturing Engineering support to Operations including working with technicians, Inspectors, team leaders and KPO's as and when needed
- Support the generation of standard documentation in line with scheduled needs.
- Produce re-work instructions / deviation plans / discrepancies based on project requirements and identify parts and tooling required to carry them out - (materials, tooling, requirements, and methodology)
- Support quality reviews and Root Cause Analysis using lean tools, including driving, and owning PPS's.
- Support Lessons Learned exercises at key milestones involving all key stakeholders in phase (Operations, process owners, MAIT management, and design)
- Ensure that feedback is provided from the cleanroom and to the Process Owners so that the current processes can be updated to improve them / remove non-quality.
- Support to R&D / R&T for process developments and new process implementation, undertake process improvement and maintenance and monitor process implementation in operations.
- Support training module creation, maintenance & Delivery. (Support to process owner / Operations).
- Ensue where possible that ME process and procedures are standardised, optimised, current and usable by work with Process Owners to identify future improvements.
- Design of day-to-day operational tooling / manufacturing aids for manufacture execution
- Support the use of MGSE and Tooling and ensure feedback is provided to the MGSE team for issues and improvements.
- Review documentation and conduct safety reviews to support critical handling activities.
· Appreciation of manufacturing techniques ., CFRP, structural bonding or TIG welding, within the space/aerospace industry - with a realistic minimum of five years' experience
· Mechanical & Electrical design / manufacturing / validation / experience
· Process and Quality driven approach with high attention to detail.
· Manufacturing / Test processes for the space industry.
· Use of Windchill, P6, IPS, 3D live, 3D experiences or other similar systems
· Understanding of build documentation to ensure clear instructions are given to shop floor operators.
· Lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, root cause analysis and continuous improvement (Green belt).
· Mechanical handling equipment.
· Procedures and process control.
· Able to work offsite (UK and abroad) for undefined periods at short notice.
· Work overtime and occasional shifts, as and when required.
· Able to support out of normal hours work using the "on call" rota process, as and when required.
· High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi project basis.
· Good planning skills and process competence (MRP/SAP system experience an advantage
· A good understanding of spacecraft manufacture and build philosophies
· Clean room experience
· Knowledge of Health and Safety principles and their application to the specific environment
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
"Follow ###### on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"