Telephone Counsellor - PART TIME
Manchester - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
The role requires high levels of professional standards whilst working in a telephone environment, adhering to the company's core values and achieving daily goals. The counsellor will provide one off emotional support to individuals, conduct clinical assessments and sign post to specialised support services. With a further opportunity to receive training and provide structured telephone counselling.
Providing emotional support and guidance over the telephone 24/7 to Health Assured clients. Assisting with any general administration tasks and ensuring that you and fellow colleagues are providing appropriate emotional support, adhering to the BACP code of ethics.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide an efficient and effective telephone counselling service to all callers.
- To effectively answer calls and triage to determine the most appropriate type of support required, . advice, counselling etc.
- To demonstrate an ability to work with a variety of individuals and presenting issues, including those who are distressed.
- To take accurate information and record on the Health Assured data base.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Health Assured products available to a caller and understand what support is most appropriate for the individual's needs. ., Debt, Legal, Critical Illness, Talk to a Doctor etc.
- Warm transferring callers to the appropriate person and managing expectations at all times. . Legal Department, Talk to a Doctor.
- Provide "In the moment support" to callers presenting with support needs.
- To arrange follow up and check in calls when deemed appropriate.
- Conduct full and robust clinical assessments in accordance to Health Assured's policy.
- Effectively identify and manage risk in accordance with Health Assured's "Risk Policy".
- To undertake training provided by Health Assured and to utilise appropriate skills within calls, . working with trauma, working with suicide, clinical assessment, safe guarding etc.
- Upon mutual agreement to undertake Structured Telephone Counselling cases.
- Understand and embrace a "Solution Focused Philosophy" in order to help a caller achieve an outcome in the shortest space of time possible.
- Work to and exceed individual and team goals. For example, an individual goal is to achieve a minimum of 25 calls per day.
- Personally ensure all call backs and queues are efficiently managed and ensure individual actions do not impact upon the availability of the service.
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and to prioritise call lengths to ensure that "call backs" are reduced to an absolute minimum.
- Demonstrate an ability to comply with clinical governance and management instruction set by Health Assured to ensure the most effective and clinically appropriate service is provided at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide excellent customer service at all time.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Minimum diploma level 4 in Counselling & minimum of 150 counselling hours
- To be a member of the BACP
- Relevant telephone experience
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- High level of organisational ability; ability to work to tight deadlines and targets
- Good communication and customer service skills
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Accredited with the BACP or eligible for the accreditation process
- EAP experience
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the on-going needs of the organisation
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
THIS IS A FANTASTIC PLACE TO WORK IF YOU ENJOY A CHALLENGE AND HAVE GENUINE ENTHUSIASM FOR OVERCOMING OBSTACLES AND LEARNING. THE OFFICE IS FAST-PACED AND BUSY SO WE LOOK FOR COLLEAGUES WHO HAVE A POSITIVE AND FOCUSED ATTITUDE. THROUGH TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT, WE MAKE SURE THAT EVERYONE WHO WORKS HERE HAS THE RESOURCES THEY NEED TO BUILD THEIR CAREERS. SO IF YOU ARE AMBITIOUS, FOCUSED AND A CONFIDENT COMMUNICATOR YOU'LL SOON DISCOVER THAT THERE ARE UNLIMITED OPPORTUNITIES