Quantity Surveyor - Warrington - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Quantity Surveyor - Telecoms
Warrington - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
nmcn work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
Our Telecoms business provides the management and delivery of national and regional network infrastructure to major communications providers. This includes installations, improvements, repairs and 24 hour emergency response networks to high speed fibre networks. We apply our expertise at each stage of the project lifecycle to ensure smooth delivery to our customers and clients.
We are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor with proven experience in the Telecoms industry. Based at our offices in Warrington, you will work closely with the contract delivery team ensuring the profitability, cash management, cost control and accurate reporting of the Virgin Media projects within the region.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Proactive and timely management of cash flow to meet the business unit and divisional targets
- Ensuring that cash inflow is maximised, prompt resolution of any delays and negotiations with suppliers to extend terms where possible
- On project schemes, prepare and present accurate cost to complete forecasts in conjunction with the operational team
- Ensure commercial challenge at all times to site teams and proactively engage with them to reduce costs and increase value
- Attend internal and external commercial review meetings
- Ensure variations are dealt with in a timely manner and accounts are invoiced in line with the required timescales
- Build client relationships and attend client offices to deal with final account issues through to resolution
- Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement with input from the operations teams
- Preparation of / assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works
- Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base
- Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan and Cash Improvement Plan
- Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to, that risk to the business is minimised and that the requirements of legislation are met
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
- Proven experience within the Telecoms Industry
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/BSc or equivalent
- Commercial and contractual awareness with a proven track record of success
- Highly IT literate and proficient with Excel
- Highly organised and self-motivated individual
- Excellent communication skills with internal stakeholders and external clients
- Ability to organise yourself and others workload
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
Please note – we may have to close applications to this role sooner than anticipated based on the number of applications received.