Hangar Superintendent - Gosforth | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Permanent (Full time)
We are looking to recruit an experienced and energetic Hangar Superintendent to supervise our newest client's Aviation Engineering Team. This is a "hands on" position as you will be involved with maintaining their aircraft as a key player within the Engineering Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day supervision of the Engineering Team providing full support and advice to the Engineering Manager on the levels of staff considered necessary to meet a continuing maintenance commitment. You will also liaise with our Technical Records Department to discuss and review maintenance forecast Workpacks.
- Advising the Engineering Manager on levels of staff considered necessary to meet the maintenance commitment.
- Liaising with Technical records department to discuss and review the maintenance 'forecast' Workpacks, and correct job number issued for specific inspections.
- Co-ordinating with Engineering Manager and allocation of Supervisor and engineering staff to specific work detail or aircraft maintenance (Scheduled or none scheduled) input(s).
- Daily supervision of staff on Base or Line maintenance tasks.
- To hold weekly table top Hangar meetings to discuss current progress or spares issues/procurement on current and forecast work load.
- Alerting the Engineering Manager to any defects or shortages in the Hangar of any tooling, plant or equipment.
- Ensuring that all known/forecast spares required to complete a work input expediently have been established, 'in stock', or 'ordered' via company stores, prior to work.
- When required to co-ordinate with the Engineering Manager to ensure correct external or internal audit findings applicable to the Part 145 organisation are actioned and rectified within the required time scale.
- Efficient daily oversight of supervisors and engineering staff, and advising the Engineering Manager of any matters affecting Finance, acceptable standards, company procedures.
- Ensuring that inspection continuity is maintained at all times when allocating tasks to the hangar personnel.
- Ensuring that when the scheduled inspection, defect rectification, bay servicing or modification action has been completed, all worksheet entries are signed and the Certificate of release to Service is certified before the release of the aircraft or component into service.
- Ensuring that all staff completes their daily hour's logs on worksheets/work packs.
- Ensuring the manpower per shift and Licenced supervision is maintained to support the airline operation in the event of sickness or leave from other staff members.
- Ensuring Human Factors principles are taken into account when planning maintenance and that Health and Safety issues are bought to the attention of the Engineering Manager.
- Supervision of the Maintenance in unforeseen prolonged absence of the Engineering Manager.
- To maintain the engineering policy as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Liaise with Stores supervisor to ensure sub contracted orders are correctly detailed and that the requirements of the Subcontractor/order are fulfilled in respect of inspection and quality control.
- To ensure adequate supervisory inspection control within all areas of the company Engineering facility.
- To ensure that all engineering maintenance work carried out by the company or subcontractors is within the terms of the company's approval or personal licence coverage.
- To maintain departmental co-operation and liaison.
- To ensure that ALL facilities and equipment are maintained to the required standard of cleanliness and serviceability.
- To work on the aircraft maintenance inputs as part of the Engineering team.
You must be a licenced Engineer with current experience of DHC6-300 series and BN2A/B-26 aircraft, possessing a Part 66 B1 Engineering Licence with those aircraft included. Full group 3 aircraft included on your Licence, will be desirable, as would possession of a B2 licence. You must have excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills with strategic thinking capability and the ability to work on own initiative when required.
You will also have:
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- Organised and self-motivated
- Be a Team Player
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.**