Senior Consultant - Maidenhead | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Consultant - Strategic Consultancy
Maidenhead, Royal Windsor and Maidenhead, England
Permanent (Full time)
In recent years, Costain has transformed as a business, offering integrated end-to-end solutions from consultancy, project delivery, asset optimisation and technology integration to a focused UK client base. As part of this transformation, Costain’s consultancy services has seen rapid growth, with our Transportation, Energy, Water and Defence sectors coming together to allow management consulting services to be sold to a range of both new and existing clients.
In 2020, our strategic consulting team has focused on continuing the growth of our services with clients such as the UK Department for Transport and Cabinet Office as well as developing our own people through the delivery of assignments to meet the needs of our clients. To support the ambitions of the strategic consulting team wehave a great opportunity for a motivated individual with excellent written communication skills to help to develop and shape our strategic consultancy services, with a particular focus on the infrastructure and central government sectors in the UK.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant - management consultancy, someone who has the ability and desire to deliver new strategic management consultancy business with our current and new clients, across all sectors but particularly in the sectors in which Costain operates. Someone who has the experience of delivering and is looking for an opportunity to help shape a new business, always delivering high quality work for our clients.
Our core sectors are water, transport, energy and defence in the UK, as well as other multi-sector infrastructure programmes such as Smart Cities. You'll be comfortable with supporting business development, work winning, delivery of sub tasks and progressively larger elements of consulting assignments. You will be able to undertake a range of activities in these areas and will be comfortable working on technical, commercial and financial issues. You will ideally have experience in a number of sectors and ultimately will be able to work at board level with clients in delivering assignments.
- Contribute to developing our strategy to increase market share for the strategic consulting business
- Support large bids and lead smaller bids and the winning of work as well as be deployed on assignments within the first three months (80% utilisation target)
- Contribute to achieving our strategic consulting profit margin targets
- Be involved in the transformation of Costain
- Act as project manager for smaller assignments
- Must be credible with good management consultancy experience or significant potential
- Ideally has a background in the infrastructure, utilities and government consulting sector
- Has provided demonstrable management consultancy advice to clients in these above areas
- Clear communication and influencing skills as well as high level of numeracy
- Likely 5-8 years experience
Anywhere, dependent on work won/customer’s location.
A great opportunity to get inright at the start of somethingbig!