Senior Project Engineer - Aylesbury | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Project Engineer
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Senior Project Engineer
Location: Aylesbury Region
The enabling works for HS2 encompasses a wide range of work activities but not limited in scope to clearing works, boundary fencing installation, ecology works, Archeology, existing road upgrade to newly built roads.
* Planning during pre-construction phase
* Ensure timely delivery and sign off for CDM Control Points in advance of works
* Review and approve SSOWs, Plans etc
* Co-ordinate subcontractors TM requirements, permit to dig and other Fusion services
* Supervise construction activities
* Subcontractor management - all aspects
* Attend weekly & monthly meetings as required by the Site Agent, reporting and assisting project controls function.
* Liaise with Area Wide Coordinator within the sector to coordinate the interface between packages and MWCC scope.
* Participate in design reviews to ensure understanding and then ensuring the works are constructed in accordance with the design.
* Promote safety culture and ensure the compliance of the H&S requirements by the team and the supply chain.
* Promote a quality culture and ensure that compliance of the WI requirements are met and recorded.
* Liaise with Fusion Functional Departments to achieve the work package objectives.
* Provide support to the Commercial Team with the information of Commercial notifications (EWNs, CENs, CEs & GN)
* Liaise with L & P to understand land access issues for the relevant package.
* Review and approve, support and monitor Subcontractor’s Permit to Break Ground and other permits relating to services.
* Coordinate Traffic Management requirements for the works package, including supporting the Consent applications.
* Embed, manage, co-ordinate and discharge U&A commitments.
* Support the subcontractor to determine and deliver their U&A commitments
* Report on U&A compliance and discharge to the Integration Manager/ U&A Manager
* Ensure any evidence required for U&A compliance is collated for each site in an appropriate manner
* Audit Subcontractor U&A compliance
* Understand the process, evidence and documentation required to facilitate Completion.
* Be aware of the Code of Construction Practice and the Environmental Minimum Standards and how they apply while delivering works.
Key Skills and qualifications:
* Degree in Civil Engineering or similar
* 5+ years’ experience working within a similar environment
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
About Ferrovial Construction
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK have 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2 Enabling works, HS2 Main Works, Silvertown Tunnel (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon Station.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills