Junior Examiner - Biology
Risley, Warrington WA3, UK
Permanent (Full time)
This is an entry level role and therefore would be suitable for individuals who haven’t previously worked in the Forensics industry.
The role holder will be responsible for examining items submitted as part of a case. These will be predominantly simple items such as blood swabs and items for cellular recovery.
The role holder may also be involved in day-to-day laboratory maintenance and cleaning as well as scheduled servicing requirements.
The role holder may be required to participate in an on-call rota or shift as business needs dictate. Where this is required, appropriate payments will be made.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Adhere to all aspects of the customer Operational Protocol and EFS Quality Manual
- Carry out necessary examinations / analysis as per standard operating procedures to required timescales
- Ensure all notes are contemporaneous, signed and dated as per standard operating procedures.
- Be responsible for the integrity and continuity of exhibits (including their return) while under their ownership
Required Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Embraces change and continuous improvement
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal
- Minimum qualifications of GCSEs in English, Maths and Science
- Examiners are expected to achieve target utilisation and item output levels as well as other objectives set and agreed in the PPDR process.
- Flexibility to assist in covering planned or un-planned absences within the team (e.g. illness, annual leave etc.) to ensure the needs of the customer are met.
- Maintain clear communications with colleagues, clarifying expectations and monitoring satisfaction levels.
- Viewing problems and opportunities from a customer perspective.
- Able to work well on your own as well as part of a team.
- Communicate and work well with others (within the team, with other departments / sites or external associates) focussing on a collective rather than individual goal.
- Demonstrate initiative; adopting a pro-active attitude to continuous improvement within the areas of science, quality and efficiency.
- Must display patience, determination, attention to detail and integrity at all times and see tasks through from start to finish.
- Exhibit high levels of concentration, accuracy and reliability (scientifically and within the quality area).
Please note that this is a developmental role and therefore full training will be provided.
Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance is required for this role. To gain security clearance you must have three years continuous residency in the UK. Criminal convictions may prevent you from gaining security clearance. In addition, this role will in require alcohol/drug screening.
Vacancy Reference: EUR0264
Posted 17 days ago