Digital Product & User Experience Manager - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Digital Product & User Experience Manager
East London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
At LIS, we are building an innovative new London-based university that prepares learners to tackle the complex challenges facing society. We have acquired NDAPS (new degree awarding powers) - the first UK university to do so since 1965.
We are launching our undergraduate programme (a bachelor's in arts and sciences) in September 2021 with an initial cohort of 100 pioneering undergraduate students.
We have already launched a variety of interdisciplinary provision for professional learners including a mix of 'open' programmes for professionals from a range of backgrounds and 'custom' programmes, for specific organisations. These part-time experiences have been delivered wholly online and been enjoyed by a diversity of professionals from around the world.
We have an exceptional full-time faculty of teachers, a leadership team with experience in entrepreneurship business and education, as well as an expansive employer network.
We are now expanding the scope of our provision for professionals by developing and launching online postgraduate qualifications as well as a broader suite of professional programmes and content. You will be instrumental in developing and realising this vision to scale LIS's impact and reach different cohorts of learners. You will also be central in ensuring that LIS builds the long-term capability through which it can deliver outstanding digital learning experiences, for years to come.
With respect to provision for professionals, you will have responsibility for:
- informing the design and development of our online learning propositions
- designing, coordinating and overseeing the end-to-end digital student experience
You will report to the Director of New Products and work closely with major department heads and faculty. Over time, and as LIS grows, you will be expected to recruit and develop a team to support you.
This is a pivotal role sitting at the heart of LIS's future strategy and impact. Your contribution will be fundamental to the experience and progress of all our learners.
You may have a background working for:
- An OPM, an online bootcamp, a MOOC platform, or similar
- A digital learning or edtech organisation of another kind
You will likely have hands on experience of:
- Online learning design and user experience
- Testing and launching online educational programmes
- Working with third party service technology providers, including procurement and performance management
- Working with academics/editors to realise digital learning experience
- Implementing technology solutions with a wide variety of users (. academics, professional staff, student)
- Commercial management of one or multiple products
- In-life project management, including problem-fixing, user management
- Strong analytical and data handling skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Knowledge of digital education market, particularly professional and/or higher education (postgraduate)
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate empathy and connect with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Agility to think on feet, deal with crises and manage difficult situations
- Passionate about digital learning, with a belief in the power of online experiences to deliver highly ambitious learning outcomes, at scale
- Flexible and a team player, ready to support and develop others as we work together during this founding stage
- Enthusiasm for the LIS’ mission - embracing our core values to: be brave, be kind, be honest, keep learning and welcome difference
- Welcomes the realities of a fast paced, dynamic start-up – comfortable dealing with uncertainty and changing goal posts