Night Operations Manager - West Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Night Operations Manager
West Midlands - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
This is an exciting new opportunity at the heart of Unite Students'Operations team in Birmingham. As Night Operations Manager, you will ensure our student accommodation across Birmingham is a welcoming, safe and secure home for all of our students throughout the night. You'll be managing and coaching a dedicated Service and Safety team to provide a warm, flexible and bespoke service, while also delivering high quality security, safety and welfare support for our customers.
You`ll be travelling around the city so a full UK driving licence is a must for this role.
What You`ll Be Doing
- Leading and engaging your out-of-hours team to ensure our brand promise "Safe and Secure" is kept alive and all aspects of student and employee safety are managed, reported and resolved appropriately
- Creating a Service and Safety strategy for the city that encompasses the business goals on satisfaction, service, safety and people
- Providing first response to incidents and emergencies, handling any issues or incidents with the appropriate level of involvement from the emergency services and ensuring that all Unite Students procedures are followed
- Managing the Service and Safety team, including supporting supervisors with their development, succession planning, resourcing and training
- Monitoring Safety and Service standards, regularly visiting the properties across the city to identify, rectify and report hazards, risks, safety or service related issues
- Ensuring the team are trained and equipped to carry out appropriate incident response in all situations, including first response to student welfare issues with a sensitive and situationally appropriate approach
- Building and maintaining positive community relationships with neighbours, local communities, Police, Fire and Rescue Services and other local authorities
- Forming part of the wider operational management team, to provide recommendations for best practice and contribute to the development of a high performing and positive culture
What We`re Looking for in You
- A passion for leadership with a proven track record of team management within a customer facing environment, including performance management, people development, coaching or mentoring experience
- Experience of managing teams across large or multi-site properties
- You'll be highly skilled in understanding, empathising and delivering against our customers' needs
- An objective, professional and calm approach when handling difficult situations, including previous experience in complaint handling
- Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Excellent communication skills with the proven ability to engage with customers and colleagues
- A positive attitude, with the ability to adapt swiftly to challenges and ensure customer satisfaction
- A willingness to work nights and weekends on a rota basis, with occasional day shifts
What You`ll Get in Return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more up to 11%
- Flexible working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, Unite Students is a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS.
Room for Everyone
We're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be yourself, where your voice is heard and where you can truly belong. It is important to us that our people reflect the diversity of our students and the communities we work in. We celebrate being different and work together to be the best we can be.
Please be assured, we are continuing to recruit for the vacancies advertised on our Jobs page and will be taking every precaution necessary, in line with Government and WHO guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our candidates, employees and customers during the recruitment process.
While Government restrictions are in effect, all recruitment will take place without any physical contact; we will be using video interviews and telephone interviews to help you to bring your application to life from home!
If you have applied for a job with uS, we will be in touch with an update on your application soon.