HMO Licensing Officer - Nechells | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
HMO Licensing Officer
Nechells, Birmingham, England
Contract (Full time)
Job Title: HMO Licensing Officer (4 Month Contract)
Location: B7 – Birmingham
Salary: £ p/h
Birmingham City Council, together with BVSC, Spring Housing and other partners, have a clear objective to drive up standards with the implementation of Quality Standards and a Charter of Rights through an Accreditation Scheme for exempt accommodation provision. Accommodation within this sector is focused on providing tailored support for vulnerable citizens which falls outside of HMO licensing and planning regulations. With the award of Supporting Housing Oversight funding from Central Government, a 6 month Pilot has been launched to concerns in Supported Exempt Accommodation. The focus of the pilot in partnership with Blackburn, Blackpool, Bristol and Hull is on quality and value for money of provision and to work with stakeholders to raise standards and tackle examples of poor practice. A multi-disciplinary team is needed to check and inspect properties to assess accommodation standards, assess support, and take enforcement action if HHSRS standards are not met.
Duties & Responsibilities
* To give advice to the tenants, landlords and agents on the Licensing process.
* To determine the correct category of HMO, and assess the appropriate licence conditions associated with the size and layout of the property.
* To prepare letters and Notices to require works under the legislation that is relevant to HMO Licensing, the Housing Health and Safety Rating System, and the Management of Houses in Multiple Occupation Regulations.
* Responsible for the thorough investigation of possible breaches of HMO licensing, including interviewing of the parties, determining whether an offence has occurred, and producing a report for consideration relating to possible legal proceedings.
* Act as the Directorate’s representative in Court actions brought under the legislation listed above.
* Assist in the development of revised procedures following changes in policy and or legislation affecting the Private Rented Sector and apply these to the Department’s agreed procedures.
Skills & Experience
* Knowledge of Housing Legislation and the policies and procedures relating to the Private Rented Sector, including the Licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write grammatically correct reports.
* IT skills are vital.
* Ability to listen and talk to customers, to understand their problems and queries and take appropriate action.
* Ability to undertake or lead on a range of general tasks or processes to meet the needs of the business unit.
* The ability to prioritise your own workload and that of the team in order to meet pre-set targets and deadlines.
Call us at HancoxRead Recruitment, or apply via the link today