Apprentice Manufacturing Operator - Dudley | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Apprentice Manufacturing Operator
Permanent (Full time)
Masonite UK is a true door category leader combining the experience and craft of leading door manufacturing brands, Premdor, Solidor, Door-Stop International, Fibercill and National Hickman Industries. Offering comprehensive and compelling product portfolios that provide the perfect door solution for every opening, from creating beautiful homes to defining world-class commercial spaces and everything in between.
We are currently recruiting for Apprentice Manufacturing Operators in Barnsley, Huthwaite, Stoke and Dudley.
Are you keen to develop your career within a leading International door manufacturer?
This is a great opportunity for people who would like to earn and learn. Working full time with dedicated time allocated to your personal development and studies.
Masonite are a growing company, committed to investing across our sites to develop the business plan for the next 5 years.
We offer a competitive salary of £6 per hour which is way above the national minimum wage for an apprentice. The purpose of the role is to safely produce high quality doors to the agreed specification, whilst studying at the same time to achieve an industry linked nationally recognised qualification.
Apprentice Manufacturing Operators Overview
- Strictly adhering to safe systems of work and reporting any defects
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards
- Performing quality checks in accordance with ISO instructions
- Optimising production of doors through working as part of a line team, delivering good quality doors to output targets.
- Being aware of and following the appropriate operating procedures for the activities in which you are engaged.
- Providing information for your supervisor regarding progress of products under your control.
- Ensuring that your area of operation is kept clean, tidy, and safe and continuously strive for improving standards of performance.
- Being an active contributor to the department and operations objectives
You will be given full operational training and development so you can become a Key Operator on our lines, giving you the opportunity to learn the skills needed to operate the lines as well as troubleshoot if there are problems. This will involve working alongside several different colleagues from across Production and Engineering.
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility and good problem-solving skills
- Grade A-C in GCSE Maths and English
At Masonite, we believe a door is more than just a door; and we also know that the employees who build our doors are more than just employees, they work in environments that promote a culture of creativity, collaboration, adaptability and integrity based on a strong commitment to our vision.
In 1924, William Mason did not change the industry when he created Masonite, he created a new one, one that transformed waste into worth and materials into what matters. That revolution is part of Masonite, it is how we are changing the way people think about doors and making everyone see that doors are not about keeping people out, they are about letting people in. At Masonite, we keep our doors open to new perspectives, new voices, and new opportunities. We break down barriers and we help people walk through walls.