UC & C Solutions Apprentice - DCS
Whether our customers are retail businesses using customer movements to intelligently adjust product placement, a hospital enabling a doctor to analyse patients test results on their iPad, or a law firm reducing their need for office space through flexible working – we connect our customer’s challenges to technology solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver reliable and secure tailored solutions that open up new possibilities for organisational performance and flexibility.
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success. Whatever our employees do – from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service – their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.Job Description
Daisy specialises in mission critical, highly secure communication environments, which demands deep technical capability, high levels of integrity and service excellence. We believe in order to deliver to our clients, we must first deliver to our people, it’s our people who are the key to our success. Our business is improving our clients’ business, customising solutions and services and understanding that one size doesn’t fit all. We want to be seen by our clients as their trusted service partner.
The primary role of a Unified Communications Solution Apprentice is to establish and maintain communications systems under supervision within the solution delivery practice. The successful candidate will use a range of remote and physical tools and equipment and install basic communication hardware and software. The UC & C Solution Apprentice will also deal with routine service requests from internal and external sources including fault rectification across a range of technologies, applying security principals in line with legal and organisational requirements.
- Providing a technical response to incidents and service requests reported by Daisy Clients, achieving immediate resolution where possible or alternatively performing diagnostics to identify the best possible next escalation path.
- Acquire and maintain superior knowledge and skills within recognised skills disciplines.
- Keep abreast of changes and issues in their areas of specialty / expertise
- Commitment to new service take on
- Adhere to all Change/Incident/Project Management processes
- Adhere to all job administration processes
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if required
- Following defined ITIL Policies and Processes and ISO 270001 Quality procedures
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation
- Ability to time manage, prioritise and escalate when required.
- To collaborate with other colleagues and wider technical teams as and when required.
- Understand solution requirements and how they shape solution design.
- Perform solution implementation tasks from the low level design.
- Test the solution components and overall technology build
- Provide flexibility with support and implementation
- Diagnosing and resolving software, hardware and usage issues
- Building and deploying hardware
- Installing and configuring software
- Assisting with projects and other duties as agreed with line manager
- To complete the apprenticeship course to the standard as expected by the course the communication skills and proactive problem solving approach to effectively liaise with customers, ISP, Teleco and hardware/software Vendors to successfully commission or resolve issues.
- Self motivated & enjoys working in a busy environment
- Thrives on researching, implementing new and cutting edge technologies.
- Customer focused – pleased to provide a good service
- Excellent problem determination and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Effectively liaises with team members and other departments.
- Maths and English GCSE at grade ‘C’ or equivalent is essential.
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent is essential.
- ITIL Foundation is desirable
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products
Posted 17 days ago