Dover, Kent, England
£22,000 per annum
Berthing Master Dover 1 Year Fixed Term Contract £22,000 per annum
About the Company:
Sheltered by the iconic White Cliffs and overlooked by Dover's magnificent castle, we're just 20 miles from France, With thousands of Visitors and hundreds of berth holders, Dover Marina is the ultimate base for discerning yachts crew and boaters.
Added to our impressive location are our excellent facilities. Dover Marina has 400 berths, a large boatyard and a small dedicated team delivering outstanding customer service.
This is truly an exciting time to be part of our growing organisation. The Dover Western Docks Revival Project, the single biggest investment undertaken by the Port, will create a purpose-built cargo and logistics facility at the Port, which currently handles up to £119 billion of UK trade each year.
Berthing Master Responsibilities:
- Organise berth allocation and undertake the administrative tasks for both visitor and resident Marina customers
- Answer customer questions about the marina and services. Local Knowledge of attractions and amenities in the area would be beneficial.
- Communicate clearly on VHF radio
- Accurately use our Marina Management system, process payments, enquires and bookings.
- Security surveillance of all Marina areas
- Produce all Marina related invoices to berth holders and visitors alike
Berthing Master Requirements:
- Confident to deal with customers in a wide range of circumstances
- Be able to communicate clearly on the VHF radio, face to face and by electronic means
- Customer service experience and some experience in a sales environment, being capable of turning enquiries and leads to new business
- Experience in using MS Outlook & Excel
Berthing Master Benefits:
- 23 days including bank holidays (pro rata)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
If you believe you are suitable for the Berthing Master, role then please apply now!
Posted 3 days ago