Site Chemist - Stoke-on-Trent | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is the leading waste management company with a turnover of more than £40 Million in 2019. Now is an exciting time to join this company who have ambitious growth plans through both acquisition and organic growth. They are looking for two site chemists, you would become a member of the Technically Competent Management Team and provide technical support when required.
Duties and responsibilities
- To accept and inspect incoming consignments of Hazardous and Non-Hazardous Waste in line with site procedures, Sector Guidance Note and the Site Permit. Waste to be assessed on the basis of Health and Safety, Environmental Compliance and Cost Control
- Record arrival of waste onto site using SAP system, raising non-conformances as required in line with the acceptance procedure
- Labelling of waste with required information ready for safe storage
- Processing of waste as directed such as bulking
- Provision of technical support to other members of staff on site
Skills and experience
- Ensure incoming consignments of wastes have appropriate paperwork (Consignment Note/Duty of Care), completed correctly and copies are held on site and passed back to the haulier
- Complete acceptance checks to ensure waste is safe for acceptance to site, and safe for storage, processing and/or onwards transfer
- Sampling as required of received waste to supply to internal laboratory for further analysis
- Ensure incoming waste is inspected to BAT requirements in Sector Guidance Note .
- Ensure waste is routed such that costs are minimised whilst maintaining legality and compliance
- Waste acceptance is recorded using the SAP system
- Non-Conformances are recorded using the SAP system, detailing all relevant information.
- Ensure paperwork is passed through for scanning within 48hr of arrival
- Work to 48-hour KPI for incoming loads to be checked and fully recorded in SAP
- Ensure waste is being appropriately stored in line with Sector Guidance Note , the site's Environmental Permit and to HSG51 - The Storage of Flammable Liquids in Containers, HSG 71 Chemical Warehousing: The Storage of Packaged Dangerous Substances
- Ensure all waste is labelled correctly with all relevant information
- Processing of waste as required - to include bulking, sorting, segregating, listing and re-packing of wastes
- Provide technical support to other members of staff on site
- Complete relevant outgoing paperwork including TFS paperwork
- Act as a site first aider (once trained), and technical liaison to emergency services in the event of emergency
- To maintain a clean and tidy work area completing housekeeping as required
- To assist other teams as directed when required
- To perform other duties as reasonably required by the business
- HNC or Degree Level Qualification in Chemistry or a similar related field
Knowledge and experience-
- Experience of Working in the Waste Sector (Ideal but not compulsory)
- Computer literate - especially in using Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- You must demonstrate willingness to work in outdoor conditions in a hazardous chemical environment undertaking a manual/hands on approach
Stoke on Trent
- Competitive salary
- Career progression
- Holiday pay
- Pension scheme
- Staffs incentives
- Onsite parking
APPLY FOR JOB!