M&E Commercial Manager - West Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
M&E Commercial Manager
West Midlands - This Area Only
£65000 - £85000/annum Car/Allowance & Package
Permanent (Full time)
As the M&E Commercial Manager, you will have responsibility for supporting the Regional Commercial Director in the development and implementation of a strategy to increase the commercial performance of the Regional Business Unit (Turnover Circa £40m) against agreed targets.
* Significant commercial and management experience within the M&E/Building Services sector and a strong understanding of M&E technical issues are essential.
* Senior Manager level experience with a national M&E contractor
* Proven track record of depth of experience in M&E/Building Services sector.
* Essential ONC/HNC or degree in Quantity Surveying
* Experienced in managing major M&E/Building Services projects in excess of £10m
* Ensure that the commercial performance of all projects is monitored and reported, and business objectives are achieved.
* Protect our clients commercial position at all times, including evaluation, avoidance and/or mitigation of any potential commercial risks on projects and for the business unit generally.
* Manage and lead the Commercial / Surveying function, ensuring correct operation of the Company’s processes.
* Represent the Company in contract negotiations and meetings, ensuring that favourable terms and outcomes are obtained.
* Maintain good working relationships with other stakeholders, and be a key member of the Regional management team.
* To be responsible for the financial control and payment of each sub-contractor, and to ensure that submissions for payments are received, evaluated and incorporated into our clients valuations for submission to the Client. Maintain proper control and substantiation of variations between the sub-contractor and our client.
* To compile and submit valuations at the minimum intervals permitted under the contract-sub contract, ensuring that these are maximised and that timely payment is received, to the benefit of the Company's cash flow.
* To provide guidance and support during the estimating process on such issues as contract conditions which need bringing to the attention of the Commercial Director
* To exercise the skills of measurement and valuation to maximise value and minimise cost within the terms of the contract and sub-contracts applicable to each project