Programme Manager - Russell Square | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Programme Manager - Biological Science
Russell Square, Greater London, England
£36000 - £40000/annum
Contract (Full time)
Programme Manager - Early Career Awards - Biological Science Sector - 12 month FTC - c£40k - Immediate Start
We are looking for an experienced Programme Manager, with a Degree/PhD in a biological science and experience of analysing and summarising research outputs and impacts, to join a pioneering science and technology organisation in Central London.
Initially this contract role will be remote working but they expect their offices to open up towards the end of the year, when this role will then be office based.
The role of the Early Careers Awards Programme Manager offers a unique opportunity to work with both early career and senior researchers to stimulate change and inspire the next generation of scientists in their research.
In addition to having responsibility for the annual funding calls for the Fellowship and PhD Studentship schemes, this role also develops resources and delivers training and networking events.
In a nutshell: we are looking for an immediately available Programme Manager who has the ability to engage in scientific issues, with credibility at all levels; someone who has the ability to tailor their communication style to a range of scientific, executive and lay audiences, is highly organised and IT literate and who ideally has experience as a post-doctoral researcher.
Key responsibilities as the Early Careers Awards Programme Manager will include:
* Maximise dissemination and uptake of advances arising from the early career awards by building collaborative relationships with award holders and students through visits, focused workshops and the company’s gateway
* Promoting the funding schemes through institutional visits, webinars and presentations
* Supporting the funding schemes’ application process including providing guidance to potential applicants, referee selection, presenting at workshops and compiling applicant feedback
* Working with award holders to ensure that the methodologies developed as part of the grants are published
* Assist with producing impact case studies, news articles, award announcements and other materials aimed at both scientific and lay audiences
* Contributing to the evolution of the company’s research funding strategy, schemes and policies
* Plus much more!
What we’re looking for:
* Previous experience in a similar Scientific Programme Coordinator/Manager role ideally in a funding organisation
* Degree or PhD in a biological science
* Experience of analysing and summarising research outputs and impacts
* An understanding of the issues around the use of animals in research
* Demonstrable ability to engage in scientific issues, with credibility at all levels
* Experience as a post-doctoral researcher is desirable
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to tailor your style to a variety of audiences
* Strong organisational and planning skills
* Excellent IT skills
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
* Available immediately and able to commit to a 12 month FTC
If you are available immediately to undertake a 12 month FTC, are eligible to work in the UK and have the academics, skills and experience that we’re looking for, then we want to hear from you ASAP! Please ensure your CV showcases your capabilities and submit it, quoting ‘LP - Programme Manager - Scientific Sector