Assistant Operations Manager Manufacturing
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£25000 - £30000 per annum
This expanding metal engineering company is currently looking to recruit an Assistant Operations Manager to work within its small but busy manufacturing team, based in Castlethorpe. Primarily the company is a sheet and tube fabrication facility, comprising of sheet metal, welding, milling and turning departments. Candidates must have experience in at least one if not all of these areas.
You will report directly to the Operations Manager and assist with the following:
- Liaise daily with the Operations Manager, collecting work from the production office, to be carried out for the day ahead.
- To distribute work to the various departments on the shop floor.
- To monitor the progress of jobs through each department enabling you to accurately report back to the Operations Manager.
- You will be the main point of contact for shop floor staff with production related problems, escalating issues to the Operations Manager if required.
- You will be required to ensure all jobs are complete, with paperwork and perform QC prior to jobs leaving the factory.
The company is looking for a motivated individual with good time keeping skills. Someone who is able to work as part of a team but to also work independently when required. Good allround general engineering skills are essential. The skills required for the position are:
- Ability to give and receive instruction in a confident manner
- Be flexible to an ever changing environment
- To have positive can do attitude and work independently when required
- Prepared to work overtime when required.
- To adapt to the companys systems and processes.
Get the Recruitment Genius Advantage today. As the UKs largest online recruitment advertising company placing more candidates than anyone else.
Posted 28 days ago