Timetabling Officer - Greenford | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Greenford, Greater London, England
25000.0000 - 28000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Toprovideawiderangeofadministrativesupporthelpingtocreateandmaintainthe timetabling system, which is currently based on Event Map, a cloud-based system.
ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To support the creation, maintenance, and management of data to support the timetabling system.
- To develop a comprehensive understanding of the complex timetabling system and processes, along with the policies and practices which impact on timetabling.
- To ensure information and data is accurate and supports the integrity of information.
- Create registers for teaching sessions as requested by Programme Managers. To work with Programme Administrators to ensure that registers are accurate and are released in a timely manner.
- Assist with the timetabling of agreed curriculum areas to fit resourcing requirements and resolve scheduling queries.
- Regular liaison with curriculum managers and staff to ensure that timetables are accurate and up to date, processing changes as requested.
- To resolve rooming and scheduling issues.
- To assist with audits of timetabled provision ensuring compliance with Management and Information Systems policies and procedures.
- To handle enquiries from external customers, assist in the preparation for meetings and act as host as required. To maintain online records relating to external hire.
- Build positive relationships with other professional services teams and academic staff and to coordinate and liaise regularly with key stakeholders in designated departments.
- Resolve timetabling conflicts arising from students’ course choices and individual timetable preferences.
- Use initiative and judgement to solve day-to-day problems with flexibility and timeliness. Act as initial point of contact for enquiries from staff and students.
- Manage expectations of staff and students by providing appropriate and realistic timetable solutions based on detailed requirement gathering.
- Understand the crucial role of timetabling in the overall student experience.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum level of education equivalent to Level 3. Graduate preferred.
- Confidence with data handling.
- Successful experience of working in an administrative or data capacity in a customer-focused office environment.
- Experience of working within a higher education or further education setting.
- Experience of high-volume administrative work and information management.
- Well-developed IT skills and experience of using Microsoft Office applications including and advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Comprehensive experience of extracting and manipulating data whilst maintaining data integrity.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, including a curiosity to investigate issues and find solutions.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform numerical calculations accurately and confidently.
- Ability to provide courteous and high standard of customer service and maintain calm under pressure.
- Willingness to deliver and support training in timetabling to colleagues.
- High level of personal integrity and confidentiality and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet changing needs.
- Commitment to own learning and development.
- Commitment to equality of opportunity.
- Good record of attendance and punctuality.
The Timetabling Officer will also be expected to demonstrate their commitment:
- to GBS values and regulations, including equal opportunities policy.
- the GBS’s Social, Economic and Environmental responsibilities and minimise environmental impact in the performance of the role and actively contribute to the delivery of GBS’s Environmental Policy.
- to their Health and Safety responsibilities to ensure their contribution to a safe and secure working environment for staff, students, and other visitors to the campus.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.