Project Support Officer - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Project Support Officer
East London, Greater London, England
29000.0000 - 29700.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Join us as a Project Support Officer with Counter Terrorism Policing (CTP)
Working within Counter Terrorism Policing Headquarters (CTPHQ), the Project Support Officer will provide vital assistance to Project Managers, Senior Project Managers and Programme Managers. The Project Support Officer will enable the smooth running of the project or programme and provide support through the operation of change management processes, and the co-ordination of business management actions and activities.
The post holder may work on business change project delivery across the national CT/DE/PS policing network.
The Project Support Officer will not only perform routine administrative duties like minute taking, his/ her responsibilities will be inextricably tied to the success of the project being associated with. Driving everything forward from planning to implementation, the role holder’s actions will directly influence the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the project.
Every project is different and therefore the Project Support Officer duties will change accordingly. However, for the most part, he/ she will be responsible for monitoring project schedules and budgets, preparing progress reports, and liaising with key stakeholders.
As the project manager’s right-hand person, the PSO will play an important role in project planning and risk and issue management. Moreover, he/ she will log, manage and analyse information on the progress of the project, using Excel and other databases. The PSO may be responsible for managing lower-level administrative support staff.
About CTP & Capita
The Counter Terrorism Policing play a vital role in ensuring the protection of this country. Working with Capita, we’re currently looking to recruit a Project Support Officer. This role offers the chance to become a permanent employee of Capita, working onsite at the National Counter Terrorism Police headquarters in London.
Capita Plc, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. We support and improve the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We’re always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can achieve more and deliver the best that we can. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you’ll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What’s in it for you?
· A competitive basic salary
· 23 days holiday (rising to 27)
· Company-matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, the option to buy extra holiday entitlement and much more
· Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing and leisure discounts
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you and your career.
· The project is defined and implemented to comply with organisational strategy, agreed standards and approach (based upon PRINCE2 and MSP), with all necessary capability, process, standards and templates to maintain this compliance.
· The overall project delivery is managed to a defined project plan, working with the Programme, business, suppliers and other relevant national Programmes to define key activities, dependencies, resources, costs and milestones associated with the implementation of projects.
· Third party suppliers are managed effectively.
· Business stakeholder relationships are appropriately managed.
· The project’s cycle of delivery reporting, review and management direction is achieved.
· Sufficient skilled and experienced resources are available to support the delivery and that the project retains appropriate knowledge.
· Progress to meet timescales and other success factors are tracked and managed, proactively managing risks and issues to ensure delivery achievement.
· The project can provide relevant, accurate and timely activity, cost and progress reporting.
· The project is capable of managing external review and audit, including ‘Gateway’ reviews.
· The project’s deliverables are identified, tracked and managed.
· The project and solutions are effectively transitioned to a defined business as usual approach and the project is closed effectively, ensuring that any post-project reviews are appropriately established. Resolving project enquiries in line with process unless they require specialist professional advice; to have a clear understanding of which issues can be dealt with and which are to be referred.
· Providing administrative support to the Projects team including assisting with a variety of projects as they progress, including project co-ordination.
· Managing and monitoring project paperwork liaising with other officers within the Projects Team and associated parties.
· Preparing project documentation to internal and external professional teams for approvals, and general project activities purposes.
· Undertaking filing and confidential file/document management duties, both digital and other systems.
· Comply with the organisation’s policies and procedures including (but not limited to) safeguarding, promotion of equality and diversity and any agreed actions.
· Carry out other duties from time to time, provided they are within the general level of responsibility of the post and within the abilities of the post holder.
Experience & Knowledge:
· Planning, Control & Reporting
· Risk Management & Issue Resolution