Nursery Manager - Redbridge | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Redbridge, Greater London, England
£37000 - £40000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Supreme Recruitment is delighted to be working in partnership with an outstanding nursery in Redbridge. We are currently recruiting for an experienced and passionate Nursery Manager to join a wonderful nursery and a strong supportive team. We don’t want to settle for someone that can only do the job, but rather someone that is willing to go an extra mile and always push for the better version of themselves!
The Nursery is located in a lovely and unique home environment, making it an outstanding place to work. They aim to provide children with essential skills through hands on experiences using both indoor and outdoor learning.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead and role model best practice and high standards of behaviour with the staff team, deliver relevant training to practitioners, and continually reflect on practice to identify and drive continuous improvement to deliver high quality care and education for all children and staff.
* To ensure all routine practices, procedures and policies are implemented securely and consistently across the nursery setting.
* To implement the proper curriculum and to ensure the observation and planning process meets the needs of all children.
* Implement and update Safeguarding policies and procedures and continuously demonstrate, monitor and improve the practices and behaviours that underpin a high performing safety culture.
* To be the lead Designated Safeguarding Lead at the nursery and hold overall responsibility for the day to day management of safeguarding and child protection policies in the nursery.
* Completing effective annual appraisals for all staff, and contribute to succession planning, identification and delivery of relevant training, and additional requirements for personal development plans including coaching and mentoring for all staff
* Commercial delivery of the nursery performance, optimising revenue generation and costs efficiency in line with staff ratio requirements to deliver and exceed the annual nursery budgeted.
* Engage with the Local Authority and understand the local offer to support the practice in all areas of the nursery
* Delivery of highest quality Early Childhood practice and experiences for all children in the setting, including those with Special Educational Needs and/or Disability.
* Undertake regular supervision meetings with staff to plan and provide suitable professional development activities and opportunities for personal growth within a culture of self-driven development.
* Take responsibility for own personal and professional development to access activities based on national and international perspectives of 'best practice’.
* 3+ years’ of previous experience as a Nursery Manager
* Proven experience of working in early years education settings with successful management leading to 'Good or better’ regulatory inspection outcomes
* Demonstrable track record of driving leadership strength and development of successful ongoing performance management and satisfactory level of staff retention
* Strong decision-maker, with the proven ability to support change; a secure understanding of the complex relationship between business/commerce and service excellence within regulated setting, with the ability to follow guidelines and work with others to achieve success.
* Able to communicate clearly with adults and children using a variety of techniques (oral and in writing)
* Ability to lead organisational change and transformation whilst retaining staff engagement
* Highly motivated and driven, achieving positive impact and meeting deadlines
* High energy and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment - calm approach and 'can-do’ attitude
* Encourages colleagues to realise their potential and empowers high performers
* Able to manage workload and manage time effectively to deliver the desired results
* Full and relevant level 3 qualification or above
* 12 hours paediatric first aid and first aid at work
* Relevant safeguarding/child protection training undertaken and a willingness to update training regularly
Why work through Supreme Education?
* Competitive salaries
* An experienced consultant offering you advice and guidance
* Refer a friend scheme - £50 every time you recommend a friend and they get the job!
* We are accredited as a provider meeting the standards of the Department of Education ‘Framework for Teachers’ and are also part of the Hounslow Education Partnership.
If this role excites you we would love to hear from you