Paint Technician - Chatham | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Chatham, Kent, England
Permanent (Full time)
Full Time and Permanent
Location: Chatham Walderslade
Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience, with company benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Panel Technician to join the UK’s leading Accident and Collision Repair specialist in our busy, growing site in Chatham Walderslade
As part of a team of specialists you will prepare, spray and finish vehicles, ensuring correctness of colour match and final finish to an extremely high standard, this includes preparing vehicles fully before painting: masking, sanding and other necessary preparation work. The Paint Sprayer job also includes ensuring that equipment used is operated in accordance with defined safety requirements. Our Bodyshop is fast paced and exciting with lots of opportunity to make an incredible difference and apply your expertise and skill. In the job of Paint Sprayer, you will be painting many different marques of vehicle. This means performing preparation and paint to an extremely high standard. It is also important for you as a Paint Sprayer to fully understand different paint techniques so you are fully up-to-date. Another very important aspect of the job is teamwork as you will be working with other colleagues in the bodyshop as well as across other functional areas. Your aim; ensuring we get their vehicle back on the road safely and in quick time.
You will report into the General Manager who is as passionate about customer service as they are about their team and is absolutely determined to make their bodyshop the best in group. There is a family feel and buzz where everyone helps each other to achieve the goals of the site and to ensure our customers are consistently delighted with the service we provide. It’s an amazing team!
Key to your success is your ability to produce work that complies with the highest technical and quality standards and, above all, helps us deliver on our service commitment to customers.
· Ideally you are a NVQ level 3 qualified/ATA Paint Technician with a solid Bodyshop background – whether the job at hand is routine or more complex, you will know just how to solve it.
· You come from a fast-paced background – you know how to work in a standard job time structure with a focus on producing compliant, high-quality work.
· You can do more than one thing at once – you can be sure you will never be looking for something to do, so being able to prioritise and plan your work is key.
· You will have your own fully stocked toolbox, and naturally, due to the nature of the job you will need to have a full UK/EU Driving Licence
· You get involved in every part of our business – you take pride being part of the FMG Repair Services team and are keen to help colleagues with a hands-on, can-do approach to getting things done.
· You take pride in providing a great customer experience each day - you understand what is important to your customers and suppliers.
As a Paint Technician, we offer:
· A competitive starting salary with an amazing bonus scheme.
· Additional employee benefits (including employee assistance, life assurance, pension, colleague assistance programme, retailer discounts and IMI (ATA) accreditation support through our very own academy etc.)
· A clear career development pathway and our commitment to supporting your professional development through in-house and industry-recognised training.
· The opportunity to work with and service world-renowned automotive brands including Ford, Mercedes and Vauxhall.
Be part of the future of FMG Repair Services
Once you have applied for the job, we will initially consider your skills and experience based on your CV, skills and application. If you match the job, we will be in touch with you to advise you of the next stage in the process.
FMG Repair Services is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes all applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: On accepting an offer of employment with FMG Repair Services, you are providing us with permission and consent to proceed with our reference and vetting process. Our offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and in some cases a criminal records check. We may require information that covers the last 6 years of your employment and personal history. You will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK. Please ensure you have this information available