Supply Chain Planner - Ludlow | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Supply Chain Planner
Ludlow, Shropshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Supply Chain Planner
Circa £35,000 – depending on experience
Monday to Friday – 40 hrs per week
We are working with a very well-established and highly prestigious company in the Ludlow area who are recruiting for an experienced Supply Chain Planer to support the Purchasing function with managing all aspects of supply and demand. This role would suit someone who enjoys dealing with all aspects of procurement and inventory control. You will receive a generous holiday allowance and the opportunity to be a part of a growing and developing team.
The Supply Chain Planner will be responsible for:
* Manage all aspects of materials supply into and through the business
* Purchasing and expediting materials and parts according to production schedule
* Taking responsibility for all supplier communications
* Building relationship with new and pre-existing suppliers
* Negotiating contracts, tenders and prices
* Managing supplier performance
* Attending supplier meetings
* Analysing inventory and controlling stock levels
* Performing cost-down activities
* Oversee parts returns process to suppliers
* Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve purchasing procedures and increase efficiency
* Project management of new product introduction
Skills and Experience
* Must have previous experience buying for manufacturing
* A strong understanding and experience with MRP/ ERP systems
* A strong understanding and knowledge of engineering would be ideal
* A CIPS qualification or working towards would be beneficial
* Must be computer literate, communicate accurately and effectively
* Previous and proven experience of cost saving activities
* This role would suit a candidate with previous experience as a Supply Chain Planner / Materials Controller / MRP Planner / Buyer/ Purchasing Manager / Purchasing Coordinator / Senior Buyer / Stock Controller
The application process:
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we're able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you're not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.
Prince Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you’ll find us easy to deal with. Located in thriving Telford, we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire and North Wales. Prince Personnel specialise in commercial, accounts and finance and technical recruitment. With the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.