Garden - Kensington and Chelsea - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Garden Maintenance Operative - 44123
Kensington and Chelsea - This Area Only
£21000 - £24000/annum 23 days paid holiday
Permanent (Full time)
SALARY: £21,000 - £24,000 DOE (23 days paid holiday, profit share scheme, pension, continuous on-the-job training)
LOCATION: Kensington, London and Home Counties
REPORTS TO: Team Foreman
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Aftercare Contracts manager
DEVELOPMENT PATH: Progression opportunities available
START DATE: 26th July 2021
HOURS OF WORK: am - pm
NEAREST TUBE STATION: High Street, Kensington
You will be joining a new team to maintain the gardens at a prestigious location in Kensington, 5 mornings a week. You will have some experience, or be familiar with, working in private gardens and/or private households. The afternoons will be spent at other client’s gardens in and around London and the Home Counties. (Transport provided)
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who is communicative, conscientious, and experienced in garden maintenance. Most importantly, you’ll be enthusiastic to progress your horticultural skills and learning.
You’ll be working on a diverse mix of projects in some of the most desirable locations in London and the Home Counties. From our own landscape designs to high-profile designer projects and private spaces, you’ll be working in both domestic and commercial spaces.
For an ambitious and dedicated Garden Maintenance Operative, this is an exciting career opportunity to develop personally and work with the best in the business in a progressive and creative company.
* You’ll provide garden maintenance for an exciting mix of landscapes – from small gardens, to city courtyards, modern roof terraces and large country gardens
* You’ll diagnose and treat problems in plants and keep disease under control
* You’ll work with garden irrigation systems
* You’ll liaise with clients – listening to their needs and ensuring satisfaction
* You’ll work efficiently to tight deadlines, whilst keeping to health and safety and quality procedures
* You’ll arrive promptly for work and keep any appointments you make
* You’ll join in with our company events and socials where possible, helping to build relationships with team members
* You’ll uphold our company values, outlined in our employee handbook
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* You’ll have a working knowledge of plants and their needs, and how to diagnose disorders and treat problems
* You’ll have strong communication skills – as you’ll need to provide great customer service, as well as being able to listen and effectively communicate with clients, staff and managers
* You’ll be able to use a range of small machinery
* And ideally, you’ll have a full clean driving license
Landscapes are in our DNA – we design, plan, build, plant and tend them for private individuals, businesses and organisations. We’re convinced that landscapes have the power to enhance lives – something we work hard to make happen every day, for all our clients.
We’re a diverse team, but we all share some important core values. Trust, excellence and creativity are the everyday metrics we use to measure our work. More than empty corporate values - engendering trust, demanding excellence and nurturing creativity are how we run our business and create value for our clients and for ourselves.
We’re an established business with a 25-year plus heritage, but we have a forward-thinking and values-led culture. You’ll be working in a knowledgeable and friendly team where you’ll have the chance to work on innovative and exciting projects, whilst dealing with high-net-worth individuals and corporate clients.
You’ll also get access to our amazing benefits: our profit share scheme, 23 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays), a smart uniform, continuous on-the-job training, external training courses (such as ROLO Health and Safety Awareness, Emergency First Aid at Work, Working at Height) - plus a never-ending sweetie jar in the office