Junior Software Engineer - Nottingham | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Permanent (Full time)
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000Start date: ASAPLocation: NottinghamContract type: Permanent
Innovative digital company based in Nottingham’s City Centre seeks a budding technologist and fast learner with an aptitude for creative problem solving.
You’ll be happy to get stuck-in to all areas, figure stuff out and get things done, and be comfortable working independently to a broad brief, but also be a team player who’s happy to help others and pitch in wherever needed.
Joining a small software engineering team, you’ll be responsible for building, enhancing and operating core technology platforms. You’ll have freedom to use some of the latest technology to help the business maintain its advantage and scale up its operations smartly.
The tech stack is primarily MERN running in AWS, but they also use Docker, Kubernetes, EC2, ECR, CodePipeline and Puppeteer to name a few.
You’ll get flexible working, a fun, friendly working environment and the opportunity to be a key part of a small but growing technology team where you can really make a difference.
The role will typically involve:
* Software development and maintenance
* Responding quickly to site changes and defects
* Building & managing infrastructure in a DevOps / AWS / CI cloud environment
* Planning and estimating technical work
* Identifying and trying out opportunities for improvement
* Automating manual repetitive tasks
* Anything else that might reasonably be required to help build, improve and operate the platform!
Essential experience required:
* Use of source control (GitHub preferred)
* Linux and CLI environments
* Great problem solving skills and attention to detail
* Mongo / NodeJS / Express
* Docker / Kubernetes / AWS
* Use of CI/CD pipelines, ideally CodePipeline
* Working in a DevOps environment
* Working with distributed team members
* Flexible and home working
* Fun, friendly working environment
* 25 days holiday
* Regular socials
* Opportunity for paid overtime
* Support for career and skills development
Salary: c£25,000 - £30,000 + Excellent Benefits!
Location: Nottingham City Centre
If you think you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you …