Project Manager - Edinburgh | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
£177 - £212 per day
Temporary (Full time)
12 Weeks (Likely to extend)
£177 - £212 day (Inside IR35)
Remote Working - Edinburgh
Pertemps are recruiting on behalf of our public sector client, who are currently looking for two Project Managers to join them on initial 12 week contract based in Edinburgh (currently based remotely).
They are looking for candidates who have experience with change management and the use of skills to facilitate change.
This role is an Interim post that has fallen Inside the IR35 regulations by the client, therefore the use of an Umbrella company is possible alongside PAYE. The rate on offer is between £177 to £212/day.
The main duties would be:
- Appraise initial Project proposals and provide ongoing review and guidance, support the delivery of an effective management and control mechanism for the creation, approval, delivery and post-implementation review of change projects across the organisation that will balance the need for effective governance whilst facilitating and speeding up the process of Project approval.
- Produce comprehensive and fully costed Business Cases and present these to the funding authority to secure funding for the Project(s)
- Develop and manage the plans, risks, Project Team and resources (inc. third party contributions and other resources) to deliver outcomes to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the individual Project Plans
- Ensure that the organisation and staff are managed carefully through the process of change from any former operational environment to any new model or way of working, that the results are reviewed, and that adjustments are made, if necessary, to achieve the results as planned. This will require a full organisational development plan to be constructed inc. effective training and the postholder selling the vision of the Project's goals at all stages.
- Ensure that there are active and effective links to other Projects and initiatives where relevant by identifying the key linkages, representing the Project on other Project Steering Groups/Boards and developing joint working where required.
- Ensure the Project is subjected to effective post-implementation review to learn lessons and ensure that these are recycled into Project methodology and corporate policies.
- Ensure all projects meet the requirements of the organisations Standing Financial Instructions, as well as all other internal policies and procedures.
Internal Consultancy & Quality Improvement
- Advise all parts of the organisation on effective change management processes to maximise the success and benefits of all investments in change including the use of business systems and new technology to facilitate better ways of working
- Promote and support continuous improvement programmes by being expert in quality improvement method and being able to embed these into operational processes in a pragmatic and effective way through excellent design and skills transfer
- Advise and assist all parts of organisation and the Project Teams for national initiatives in the use of quality improvement techniques in support of the Corporate strategy and business plans . the EFQM Excellence Model and Business Process Redesign to improve the operations, enhance customer services and improve efficiency.
- Responsibility for line management of a range of different project staff from Project Support to Project Co-ordination staff. There is a responsibility to recruit, develop, train and undertake appraisal of staff to continuously ensure that capabilities are commensurate with duties and Project requirement. There are instances whereby formal disciplinary or performance management issues have to be implemented and staff be taken through this process.
Qualifications And/Or Experience Specified For The Post:
- Degree within relevant subject with evidence of continuing professional development
- A minimum of 8 years post graduate work experience including 4 years in a Project Management role.
- Formal project management training using methodologies such as PRINCE2, Management of Risk (MOR) or Association for Project Management (APM).
- Additional experience in other disciplines due to the variety of projects, 5 years' experience in areas such as Human Resource or IT.
- Experience of using information for management purposes and in setting and monitoring targets and performance indicators
- Evidence of excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Experience of organising and chairing meetings.
- Experience of change management and the use of skills to facilitate change.
- Experience and knowledge of delivering effective customer-orientated services
- Knowledge and experience of delivering quality improvement initiatives . the ability to analyse and redesign business processes to make best use of the people involved and enabling this with new technology as appropriate.
- Experience of co-ordinating all Project Phases including Initiation, Design, Implementation, Transition and Support
- Evidence of excellent communication and negotiation/influencing skills as complex and sensitive negotiation, sometimes in emotive and hostile atmospheres, can be required
- Effective leadership skills. Ability to lead and create a clear common purpose amongst the members of the sub-project teams
- Good knowledge of methodologies and techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures and effective financial management skills
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Experience of working in a public sector environment
If you have the relevant qualifications for this role, please apply now with an updated .