Mortgage Underwriter - West Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
West Midlands - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Working for a customer focussed specialist mortgage lender based to the South of Birmingham, an opportunity has arisen to join their mortgage team. You will be part of a team that is driving change to create a seamless mortgage application process for both direct and introduced Mortgage business. They are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will question existing processes and procedures and offer suggestions and alternatives using their values and help them achieve their mortgage target.
This opportunity would suit an experienced Mortgage Processor or Packager who would like to develop their knowledge and skills.
- Processing and underwriting of mortgage applications in accordance with lending policy and support as required across the mortgage team
- All aspects of risk assessment and initial assessment of mortgage lending applications in accordance with your underwriting appetite
- Proactive chasing of outstanding information from third parties and timely updates to introducers to enable service excellence
- Recommending and referring cases to Lending Committee where such approval is required
To be successful you will have:
- Mortgage processing/packaging/underwriting experience
- A proven track record of clear decision making and demonstrating rationale.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and manage time in order to produce accurate and thorough work whilst working to deadlines.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and to embrace the principles of Treating Customers Fairly and GREAT
- CeMap qualified as a preference