Food Technologist - Redhill | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Redhill, Surrey, England
33000.0000 - 38000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
The Technical Team are responsible for keeping everything safe, legal and customer compliant and we are looking to add to the team of an expanding business in the next twelve months.
As a Food Technologist you will be working closely with the customer, having a clear understanding of the customer requirements, in terms of product and packaging specifications. You have responsibility for maintaining and updating technical information and will liaise with customers and sales, dealing with customer queries and processing product and technical information.
The key responsibilities for the role will be:
- Management of several key retailer and food service accounts
- Project management from NPD to product launch
- Completing Technical Specifications
- Packaging development and approval
- Supplier management
- Product sampling and benchmarking
- Factory visits
- Awareness of retailer requirements and legislation changes
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Educated to degree level in a food related subject
- Experience within the food industry
- Experience of specification writing
- Strong understanding of HACCP and BRC
- Knowledge of retailer codes of practice, requirements and systems
- Awareness and understanding of relevant legislation is essential
- Attention to detail
- Good written English and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Good Microsoft Office Skills
- £33,000 - £38,000 per annum depending on experience
- Company pension, healthcare and life cover
- 23 days holiday increasing to 26 with length of service
- Flexible working; 1 day wfh per week