JD SPORTS PLC - AT A GLANCE
Established in 1981 with a single store in the North West of England, JD Sports Fashion Plc is a leading multichannel retailer of sports fashion and outdoor brands in the UK and Europe.
The Group has over 1200 stores across a number of retail fascias and is proud of the fact that it always provides its customers with the latest products from the very best brands.
The Group embraces the latest online and instore digital technology providing it with a truly multichannel, international platform for future growth.
We are looking for an experienced, highly skilled and motivated UX Designer who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and lives to delight the customer.
You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team, responsible for delivering either a key part of our customer journey or internal product delivery.
As an advocate for our customers, you will represent them all the way from ideation through to implementation. You will craft user-centred solutions that remove pain points and contribute to a frictionless and cohesive experience for our customers.
- Deliver elegant, user-centred solutions validated and informed through data and research
- You will create interaction flows, experience maps, mock-ups and more to convey ideas and gather qualitative feedback
- Utilise your expert knowledge of HTML & CSS to see ideas through to production
- Partner with Analysts, Developers and Content Editors to evolve the user experience
- Collaborate with other designers to ensure consistency across the customer journey
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of design practice, process and tooling
Skills and Knowledge needed
- Proven commercial experience: Ideally gained in a similar environment
- UX focus: A strong focus on UX. You are critical and questioning, identifying and addressing pain points.
- Excellent communicator: Able to discuss design decisions openly and confidently
- Code master: Thorough understanding of HTML/CSS and responsive design
- Expert visual designer: You can translate requirements and create functional, usable and beautiful interfaces
- Data-driven: Experience of insight-driven design (experimentation, user research)
- Iterative: You are used to taking an iterative approach, employing qualitative and quantitative methods to inform and validate ideas
- Strong Experience inAdobe Creative Suite, (Desirable to have knowledge of working inSketch)
- Prototyping:Confident in design flows, prototypes and sketches with InVision or any other similar tool
- Passionate: You are a self-starter, able to pro-actively generate simple solutions to complex problems. You are passionate about good design and continuously learn new techniques, technologies, best-practice and more.
Candidates must provide examples of work demonstrating an ability to generate ideas, solve problems and articulate design decisions.
Posted 19 days ago