HV Electrical Project - Luton - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
HV Electrical Project Manager
Luton - This Area Only
£50000 - £60000/annum plus bonus & benefits package
Permanent (Full time)
This challenging and exciting opportunity requires a self-starting, highly motivated and extremely confidential individual with a strong technical background and demonstrable experience of the successful management and delivery of all phases of projects within the HV power or power distribution sectors.
Our client is a fast-growing multi utility contractor fully accredited under the NERS, GIRS and WIRS schemes to carry out the turnkey provision of multi-infrastructure and connections for a variety of projects and clients, helping to build, refurbish and maintain the country’s infrastructure and networks.
Due to continued growth and the award of a number of significant, long running framework contracts, our client wishes to appoint two experienced Project Managers to work within the power networks, connections and distribution division. You will be working on a variety of LV, MV and HV electrical projects, with a particular focus upon sub-stations, cabling and connections schemes, which will be on behalf of various UK DNO’s, IDNO’s and private sector end user clients.
* Project ownership from tender to end of warranty for the management of the design, engineering, manufacture and delivery of all assigned projects
* Lead engineering teams to interpret client specifications, and to develop competitive solutions meeting client and legislative requirements, including site surveys and reviews to propose upgrade options if applicable
* Manage projects from order handover to completion, including planning and programming of works, and liaison with third party suppliers and contractors to successfully implement projects on time and within budget
* Act as the single point of contact for clients to ensure timely resolution of technical queries
* Create project specifications for third party approval and appraisal
* Specify requirements for third party services and products, whilst managing their integration to the delivery, thus ensuring quality and compliance is maintained
* Assist and guide all stages of the construction phase to ensure both internal and external activities meet client specifications
* Liaise with all parties to ensure smooth delivery, including the production of RAMS and commissioning documents, and ensure commissioning and installation modifications are reflected into as built documentation packs
* Provide the leadership and management of the team from conception through to completion for all assigned projects
* Hands on supervision of various project specific tasks as necessary, such as overseeing installation and commissioning if required
* Degree or HND qualified in a relevant electrical engineering discipline
* Knowledge and experience of HV power and electrical contract applications, with demonstrable management and delivery of a wide variety of projects
* A proven technical electrical engineering background and advanced knowledge of networks (LV, 11kv, 33kv etc)
* Proven project, client, sub-contractor, supplier and team management expertise
* Sound communication and influencing skills
A highly attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidates, along with longevity of work and forward career progression given the company’s dedication to continued, ambitious growth and their prominence within the industry