Interim Head of Content Strategy & Migration - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Interim Head of Content Strategy & Migration
East London, Greater London, England
400.0000 - 500.0000
Contract (Full time)
**Role: Interim Head of Content Strategy & Migration
Location: UK remote
Rate: £400 - £500 per day (outside IR35)
Term:** 6 months
This is a neatly defined project, looking to put in place an international content strategy for an Ed-Tech firm’s digital estate. Made up of 40+ websites and a vast amount of shared asset sites which sit on branded partner’s digital estates.
Over the years they’ve established an incredibly vast content lake. But recognise what they’re missing is a cohesive digital strategy behind it. So they’re currently kicking off a complete content audit, mapping the estate. This piece is being done by a consultancy.
Your remit will be to sit atop this programme of work, leading the decisions on how to architect the content, modelling it into the new ‘headless’ CMS platform they’re migrating across to.
Making the decisions on what content could be rationalised down, and how best to streamline the programme. Working out where road bumps with this massive content migration could occur and planning for them to ensure any hiccups are minor.
Invariably, with a migration of this size and to a completely new architecture, issues will arise. But you will be there to troubleshoot and remediate these. Pulling from your vast experience in doing this kind of thing to ensure it’s done right and done well.
The end goal is to create a cohesive content ecosystem which enables the content to be scalable in use on this new platform.
Reviewing content journeys for customers. From lead generation, acquisition and in-life journey communications too. Identifying what might be recurrent usage content too.
You’ll be looking for quick wins and solutions and strategies to tackle longer-term strategic challenges. Including looking at how to organise the content lake in such a way it’s able to deliver to each branded partner’s content needs.
You’re going to need to establish with the Exec team:
- What the business priorities are
- What a proper content strategy will help the business achieve, translating this into tangible benefits they can understand and get behind
- Set out the roadmap for what needs to be delivered, in what priority order, ands what resource is necessary to make it happen
- What the personalisation strategy for content will be, and how it will be achieved
The programme is scheduled to run to the end of the year and has a couple of key milestone targets to achieve across that timeline.
Key Experience Necessary
- Demonstrable experience overseeing a large-scale content eco-system. With ownership of the content strategy and commercial objectives
- You’ve done a content migration before of a really complex estate
- Digital Content experience gained in a large-scale, content rich digital estate business like higher education, travel, news and media industries, for example
- Experience in content personalisation strategies
- If you’ve had experience in a ‘house of brands’ type environment would be beneficial.
- An analytical and structured mind. Able to make sense of complexity and can demonstrate how you’ve successfully build scalable strategies around content
Must be able to live and work in the UK unrestricted.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, you can share your Linkedin profile or email me a CV – it doesn’t have to be up to date, we can work on that once you decide you want to take this forward.
Or, for a chat and more information please contact me on:
Senior Consultant, Digital
Every application will receive a response