Ripon, North Yorkshire, England
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants ranging from fine dining to Pan-Asian experience dining and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Grantley Hall aims to be a leading UK luxury hotel and wellness retreat, bringing a touch of vibrant city centre style to the Yorkshire countryside. We will create a long-lasting legacy that celebrates the rich heritage and history of Grantley Hall. Offering a distinctly different and diverse range of experiences and exceptional customer service, and combined with the warmth of our welcome, and relaxed Yorkshire charm we aim to create memorable moments for our guests to cherish and a magical place for our friends and colleagues to work.
Magical | Respectful | Innovative | Passionate | Consistent
Grantley Hall is due to open in July 2019, we have an exciting opportunity for Laundry Assistant to ensure our guests receive a five star service.
- 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with service,
• Modern and spacious live in accommodation for eligible roles.
• Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
• Increased maternity and paternity leave with length of service.
• We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
• Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a NEST pension scheme.
• 24/7 team assistant line.
• Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
• Team Member of the Month Awards.
• Refer a Friend Award.
• All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
- We are proud to be accredited by The Workplace Wellbeing Charter.
- We offer all team members free confidential and confidential assessments, personal fitness programmes and we can offer nutritional advice.
- We encourage a balanced diet by offering complimentary balanced meals whilst on duty,
- We are proud to be a mindful employer and we have mental health first aiders on site.
- We regularly hold health and well-being events to ensure we are supporting you and your goals accordingly.
- We have a confidential 24/7 team assistance line that offers you free telephone counselling as well as legal and financial advice and support.
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individuals requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketeer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5 star career at a 5 star hotel.
- Adhere to the procedures and methods laid down in the Standards of Performance Manual
- Assist in the organisation all linens, the rotation of, the storing of and the stocktaking of prioritising departmental linens in accordance with function
- Being aware of function timings and dates from the diary to be proactive in ensuring supplies to food and beverage outlets
- To keep a consistent supply to the spa of towels, therapist items and robes, keeping a consistent check on levels.
- Assist in the organisation of all distribution and collection of clean and dirty linen and uniforms.
- Assist with the cleaning of guest laundry within the company guidelines and the sending and delivery of guest or staff dry cleaning
- Assist with laundering of staff uniform and the distribution of items to existing and new staff
- Repair of uniforms and guest linens, duvet covers, robes etc
- Act as guest valet throughout the time on duty, pressing of suits or meeting any light laundering requests.
- possible dealing of wedding dress steaming but only after disclaimer agreement has been obtained.
- Assist with the monthly stocktake and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Assist in the ordering of laundry materials
- Responsibility for checking machinery and equipment for faults and report any defects to the maintenance department in the accepted manner or to the laundry machine provider for service calls
- Responsibility for ensuring that procedures are in place and are followed to maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Operating a clean for dirty laundry service for staff linens and keeping records of transactions when and by
- Be aware of guest and hotel security always and ensure all cupboards and storage areas are kept locked after completion of bedrooms
- Attend training sessions as required.
- Be aware of individual responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act and ensure safe working methods are always followed
- Comply with all Hotel and Company rules outlined in the Handbook and be aware of Company disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Ensure that requests by HOD and other Senior Management members are completed.
- Notify Head of Department or General Manager in the event of absence from work for whatever reason.
- Wear and maintain the uniform provided
- To know and live Grantley Halls values every day without compromise.
- Any other duties that may be requested
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Posted 15 days ago