Quantity Surveyor - South Chailey | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
South Chailey, East Sussex, England
43300.0000 - 52000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Salary:£ - £
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Procurement and Commercial team. Reporting to the Lead Contracts Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for managing the execution of Procurement and Quantity Surveying services across a range of business-critical projects for Scotland and Southern Gas Networks, which is part of Scotia Gas Networks.
Demonstrating value leadership, customer service and innovation to support our vision of becoming a world class provider Commercial services.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring the successful Procurement and Commercial delivery of projects and contracts whilst complying with EU Procurement Regulations and Commercial policies and procedures.
- You will be able to combine strong commercial acumen with well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving, communication and negotiation skills with demonstrable experience of delivering Procurement and Commercial activities on medium sized projects / programmes of work.
- Through robust strategy and contract ownership, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of departmental KPIs and objectives such as savings in total cost of ownership, value engineering and safety performance.
This new role will offer plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities, as well as a competitive salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on at SGN. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve professional development and success.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We are looking for a candidate who has experience in regulated procurement activity (Utilities Contract Regulations or similar), post contract commercial administration including payment and expenditure management, claims and dispute resolution. It would be desirable if this experience had been gained in a comparable, regulated industry however this is not essential.
We’re also looking for;
- You will be able to demonstrate competence in regulated sourcing activity, have knowledge of contract structure and documentation (Typically Bespoke, NEC or JCT), be highly numerate along with highly developed contract drafting and writing skills, ideally with experience gained through drafting and interpreting construction contracts.
- Excellent IT skills are essential including knowledge of all MS Office applications (including Power BI), and purchase to pay systems.
- You will possess the ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure whilst still delivering quality output and prioritise requirements where necessary. A keen eye to detail is a must as well as the ability to work methodically through a demanding workload.
- You will need to communicate with a diverse range of senior stakeholders and hold the ability to influence and negotiate with users outside your own sphere of responsibility.
Minimum RequirementsProfessional qualifications - Quantity Surveying degree or equivalent along with extensive Procurement and Commercial experience of contracts on projects or programmes of work of £1 - 10M.
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in - you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box - futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…