Live-In Care Assistant
Permanent (Full time)
Live in care assistant
Salary: £630 - £805 per week / £90-£115 per day (based on experience)
If you want to build meaningful relationships and provide tailored support to your client, there's nowhere better than The Good Care Group. As a Professional live-in Carer you will provide the very best care that enables your client to remain living in the place they love most, their own home. And whilst you’re supporting your client, you’ll have an experienced team supporting you, 24/7 365 days a year.
We think there’s nowhere better:
- 5 days’ face to face training before your first placement
- 24/7/365 support from our central team
- A dedicated local Care Manager who knows you and your client
- All UK travel expenses covered whilst in placement
- Free, confidential telephone line (Employer Assistance Programme)
- An online carer community to stay connected, share advice and best practice
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, including level 2 diploma in working in care services and a level 3 award in awareness of Dementia
- Daily salary enhancement for couples placements
- Additional daily payment of £10 when working on a 12 hour daily average hours agreement (DAHA)
If working in Scotland we will also:
- Support you with your SSSC registration, covering the registration cost for your first year
- Support you to achieve an SVQ2 in health and social care
- Pay for your PVG
Live-in carers live with a client for the duration of their chosen rota pattern ( 2, 4 or 6 weeks). You’ll look after one person or at times a couple, providing both care and companionship. Following a person centred care plan you will tailor your support to meet your clients’ needs, assisting with daily activities, personal care, or support in managing specialist conditions such as dementia.
It’s important that you have at least 6 months’ professional care experience; as a care assistant, live-in carer, support worker or similar.
Your role will include:
- You’ll be matched with a client, providing tailored support and companionship to meet their needs
- Following a client’s individual care plan you will generally provide a daily average of 10 hours care provision to your client
- Managing medical conditions such as dementia, stroke and Parkinson’s
- Moving and handling
- Cooking, cleaning and ensuring the smooth running of the house
We’re looking for:
- A minimum 6 months’ professional care experience in any care setting, such as live-in carer, domiciliary carer, care assistant, support worker, healthcare assistant or similar
- A driver’s licence is an advantage but not a requirement. The client provides the car and the insurance, for you to be able to drive you and your client for the occasional trip out or to go shopping
- You must be flexible to travel to your client placement (UK travel expenses covered)
Providing high quality live in care in people’s homes across England and Scotland, The Good Care Group is also part of Sodexo.We’re leading in our field and quality care is at the centre of everything we do. That’s why we’re the only dedicated live-in care provider to have been rated ‘Outstanding’ in all 5 categories that are assessed by the Care Quality Commission.We’re also rated as “Excellent” for care and support and “Very Good” for staffing by the Care Inspectorate in Scotland.