Civil Engineer - Leeds - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Leeds - This Area Only
35000.0000 - 40000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Civil Engineer with professional development and progression available
Do you want to join a business that despite economic uncertainly has grown during the COVID19 pandemic and recognised existing employees for career enhancement and promotion?
In partnership with an SME consultancy I am recruiting for a Civil Engineer to join their existing and long-serving team in Leeds, with c15 employees. With a solid reputation in the market, they benefit from great working relationships, framework agreements and repeat business from existing clients, in addition to a strong pipeline of new projects and clientele.
Despite uncertainty in the economy, they've recruited, promoted and invested in their people. Culture remains a high priority on their agenda. This coupled with a commitment to support their people through professional development makes them an attractive employer to consider for your next career move.
As the newly appointed Civil Engineer you will be responsible for:
- The production of site appraisals including strategy and conceptual layouts/master planning for both drainage and highways infrastructure.
- Earthworks cut and fill concept and detailed modelling
- Liaising with external and 3rd party companies such as utilities, Local Authorities and the Environment Agency
- Agreeing and negotiating drainage strategies and discharges from the development sites
- Involved in non-major highways design , detailing and negotiation of works, such as Section 38, Section 278 works for example
- External works design, detailing and specification writing
- Infrastructure 3D modelling inclusive of earthworks, highways and drainage
- Site finished level design for trafficked and pedestrian areas
- Vehicle swept path analysis
- Private and Adoptable FW and SW drainage design and detailing, including Section 104, Section 185 works, attenuation facilities pond, tanks swales, SUDS design and detailing
- Drainage hydraulic modelling using Micro Drainage (Windes Package)
What you'll need to succeed
*Ideally chartered or working towards
*5+ yrs with a UK based consultancy
*Able to manage stakeholder relationships
*Knowledge of S38, S278, S104, S185
*Able to manage tight deadlines
*Commercially astute and cost conscious
What you'll get in return
A basic salary of c£35,000- £40,000 per annum, however this may be open to negotiation for the right individual They also actively encourage all staff to develop their careers, providing support and mentoring for candidates working towards becoming chartered..
*25 days holiday
*Hybrid working (currently working at home due to COVID19, however they anticipate a long-term future of 3 days office/ 2 days at home)
*Exciting & varied projects
My client is not offering sponsorship for this vacancy, only applications for candidates with the correct right to live and work in the UK will be accepted
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.