Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, GB, CB25 9QR
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Inspector to join AIM Altitude based in Waterbeach, Cambridge. In return we offer benefits of 25 days holiday, plus 8 Bank holidays, Pension, Non-contributory Life Assurance and Cash Health Care Scheme. Our location has excellent transport links via road and rail.
AIM Altitude is one of the leading global suppliers of cabin interiors to the world's leading airlines. AIM Composites division is a full service manufacturing company, excelling in the manufacture and assembly of complex composite exterior and interior components, mouldings, sandwich, flat panels and laminates for a multitude of industries such as aerospace, rail, marine, military and automotive and their varied and specific applications
Our long standing history, experienced management, engineering capability and workforce have provided us with real work experience, transforming customers' design visions into composite reality. AIM Composites has a strong focus on production control and quality, with an ethos set deep in lean manufacturing, from purchase, engineering, project management, manufacture, quality, through to final release.
Reporting to the Inspection Team Leader this is a pivotal role within the Quality Department to ensure that the manufactured products are released to meet a set of quality standards. You should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and a good working knowledge of aerospace quality procedures and regulatory requirements would be an advantage. Excellent working knowledge and use of a wide variety of measuring equipment is essential. A hardworking can do attitude is a must as well as the ability to work under pressure. The ability to engage others and work as part of a team is essential.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- The Inspector should ensure that products are inspected to the correct requirements, specifications and materials as agreed with the customer.
- Achieve a timely response to set targets.
- To support departments within the business and ensure the products supplied by AIM are manufactured in conformance with the relevant design data and specifications.
- To release conforming product on the correct release documentation and information.
Candidates should have strong written and verbal communication skills and a working knowledge of aerospace quality procedures and regulatory requirements with the ability to engage and be part of the wider team.
- To approve product to drawings and customers supporting documentation.
- To provide assistance and support within the business regarding product conformance.
- Operate singularly or as part of a team that makes the most effective use of inspection resource.
- To record non-confirming product in a descriptive manner to assist the Quality Assurance Engineers.
- Conduct internal audits within departments.
- Understand FAIR process to AS9102.
Any other reasonable duties requested by Head of Quality.
Basic Hours of work are 08.00 – 16.30 Monday – Thursday, 08.00 – 13.00 Friday (37 hours)
Hourly Rate in region of £12/Hour depending on experience
Please apply online to be considered for the role
Posted 20 days ago