Head of Kitchen - Bury St Edmunds | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Head of Kitchen
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England
Permanent (Full time)
Head of Kitchen - Westley Middle School
£ per hour
Monday- Friday 8:30am-14:30pm
30 hours per week weeks a year
Term time working
Do you have Catering experience, or would you like to be trained to be an exceptional Caterer? We can help.
Would you like to work for a Company who are fanatical about engaging our colleagues, improving their wellbeing and developing their careers?
Are you wanting a flexible working life that fits around your schedule?
If the answer is yes to the previous questions, your new opportunity is awaiting you;
We're looking for a dedicated Head of Kitchen at Westley Middle School in Bury St Edmunds Suffolk who wants to make a difference and thrives in a challenging environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to extend your Catering experience, or to kickstart your career with extensive training in order for you to achieve your career goals.
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.
Values and Behaviours:
The Head of Kitchen will have:
* Great customer service and communication skills.
* Passion for sustainability.
* A Team player providing an excellent service across the Vertas Group.
* The ability to make the best decisions with Vertas in mind.
* Listening and responding to colleagues, customers and suppliers to achieve the best outcome.
* The ability to adapt and respond to change in a growing organisation.
Main responsibilities include:
* Supervision of the unit including monitoring hygiene standards, staff training and all day to day operations of the kitchen.
* Undertake and/or lead a team where appropriate in the preparation, cooking and service of the meal.
* Administrative work, including placing orders, stock control and monitoring of food budgets.
* Checking and recording the amount, price and condition of all food/non-food deliveries and taking any necessary action required.
* To take responsibility for the standards of cleanliness and hygiene of kitchen premises and equipment whilst maintaining sufficient stock levels of cleaning materials.
Vertas is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and declare any cautions, convictions, reprimands or final warnings which are not protected as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
* £ per hour.
* Term Time working.
* Company pension scheme.
* Lifeworks Staff discount scheme.
* Job related training plus personal development opportunities.
* Mental Health First Aiders support.
* Employee Assistant Programme available 24/7.
* Virtual GP Facility.
* Smart Health Mental Health Support!