Digital Engineer/ Surveyor - West Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Digital Engineer/ Surveyor
West Midlands - This Area Only
Contract (Full time)
Are you a Digital Engineer/ Surveyor looking for your next freelance opportunity? If so my client is looking for an experienced candidate to work for a Major Contractor on HS2.
- Organise and record the OGL / Initial topographic survey and compare with Client construction models recognise, identify and record change.
- Analyse construction earthworks models (prepare revised earthworks schedule) and compare with tender - recognise, identify and record change in model and volume change. Check new designs models vs drawings and report changes
- Identify any issues or problems with Client 3D model
- Edit the design models and send back to the Earthworks Manager for formal acceptance through the clients AFC process.
- Analysis of DIGGER outputs
- Construction material volume modelling in layers topsoil, subsoil, granular, bulk etc
- Identify and analyse any additional volumes or changes from drawings
- Tracking and recording daily and weekly volume movements and materials type / classifications either through DIGGER or via traditional survey methods / data (all material types and in addition to load counting volumes manually, and via DIGGER).
- Record and analyse volumes required to fill soft spots
- Ensure theoretical fill volumes are understood and recorded prior to filling. Record volumes and notify PM team of status
- Record volumes required to fill soft spots
- Identify stockpiles and ensure volumes tracked into and out of stockpiles (whether granular or not, including topsoil)Record volumes and notify PM team of status
- Ensure surveyors check via modelling / survey fill areas prior to filling. Record actual fill volumes and compare with theoretical / survey volumes.
- Analyse Weekly surveys to record total weekly volumes of materials moved
- Ensure that methods are adopted so that material wastage can be recorded. Monitor wastage to ensure the maximum of 8% wastage is not exceeded. If exceeded understand reasons why and put in-place recovery plans
- Material reconciliations to be undertaken and recorded on a daily / weekly basis
- Analyse records of any hard materials, foundations, buried structures or obstructions and notify as required.
- Accurately compile and store 100's of surveys
- Update a master survey model every day and Quality Check
- Update the Material Tracking documents.
- Load and manage machine and engineering setting out
- Run the volume calcs as pre-agreed intervals.
If you are interested apply online or call Joe in the Birmingham office.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.