Mechanical / Piping Engineer - Gloucester | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Mechanical / Piping Engineer
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England
Permanent (Full time)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading engineering business during a period of continued growth in the energy sector on a major energy infrastructure project.
Role & Responsibilities
The purpose of the job is to be responsible for customer construction projects ensuring they are completed correctly. This role requires significant customer interface and therefore requirement excellent communication skills. Responsibilities include:
* Participating to the design of piping/equipment support or anchor plate ensuring compliance with Mechanical Nuclear Standards (RCC-M, NPE, EN).
* Gathering and clarifying input data from stakeholders.
* Performing the calculation of piping/equipment supports and associated anchor plates.
* Analysing the mechanical behaviour of the mechanical structure with respect to the codified criteria and standards.
* Liaising with the stakeholders of the projects (for example design offices, construction teams, project management).
* Proposing appropriate and proportionate modifications complying with requirements and standards.
* Maintaining company and customer’s QA procedures in the delivery of the support design of a nuclear reactor site.
* Producing technical assessment notes and updating the calculation notes.
* Working with CAD designers in the preparation of the design drawings and models.
* Participating to the development of calculation tools.
* Participating in technical communities to support the development of other staff.
Key Skills & Knowledge
* Degree in mechanical or structural engineering.
* Experience of proprietary software such as PDMS.
* Piping and Equipment Support Calculation.
* Projects dealing with material interfaces and multidisciplinary environment.
* Projects in high hazard industries including Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Energy, Heavy process Industry.
* Piping and Equipment Support Design and calculation
* Pipestress / CALTUY / PDMS
* Mechanical Standards (RCC-M, NPE, EN).
* Major (£50m+) projects.
* Excellent salary and package available (exact salary dependent on experience).
* Our client offers excellent career progression opportunities and will also provide support to wanting to gain Chartered status.
* Relocation package for the right candidate.
Contact Mike Duncan for more details on the contact details below